My BRT dream came true!

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I wouldn't consider that wasting energy, just a sacrifice branch powering your roots and trunk thickening
True but it’s putting all its effort into that one branch 😝😝😝 I guess it can stay but I wish it would divert its focus for a bit.

Haxor Dave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Soaking up the suns rays. Thinking of lopping off that lower branch as I really don’t want it wasting energy there.
View attachment 434081
So I have 2 rain trees . One is currently living outdoors in a more basic bonsai soil that holds water longer the other is in a much faster draining soil but is still currently indoors still. What kind of soil are you useing ? I'm worried that if I take the 2nd out it will dry out while I'm at work. I worm 12hr shifts 7 an o 7p anyways. What do tall thunk currently I have to water in about every other day indoors.

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So I have 2 rain trees . One is currently living outdoors in a more basic bonsai soil that holds water longer the other is in a much faster draining soil but is still currently indoors still. What kind of soil are you useing ? I'm worried that if I take the 2nd out it will dry out while I'm at work. I worm 12hr shifts 7 an o 7p anyways. What do tall thunk currently I have to water in about every other day indoors.
Right now I have it in an inorganic very well draining soil. I water it every other day right now that it’s outside around 70-80F and everyday once we start going over 90F.

It’s hard to say how often to water, for me it’s just down to daily observation of the weather, soil condition etc.

Haxor Dave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Right now I have it in an inorganic very well draining soil. I water it every other day right now that it’s outside around 70-80F and everyday once we start going over 90F.

It’s hard to say how often to water, for me it’s just down to daily observation of the weather, soil condition etc.
Alright my BRT that's out side was repotted befor it got sent to me. So in not sure what all is in that BRT's soil other then peat moss and lava rock. Today's the first day its hit 90 out so idk how dry it will be but when it's in to 70s to 80s I'm only having to water like 2 times a week . I've been thinking about pulling it out and putting it in a better draining soil and not touching the roots until repot time.

Top Bottom