My BRT'S

Haxor Dave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This is my 2nd brazilian rain tree I'm waiting on warmer weather ao she can be shipped to her new home the one I currently have (FIRST bonsai ) I used to much neem and she dropped all her leaves but so far she seem to be fine still plenty of green in the trees bark

Attachments

• brt-new.zip
    200.2 KB · Views: 23

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am not opening zip files on the internet. Would be curious to see the tree. Could you share the picture itself perhaps?

What do you use neem for/against? This is one of those species that, in my garden, so far, does not attract any attention from pests.

Haxor Dave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The zip is a picture of My 2nd tree I don't have pics of my first tree in a lower resolution . I say that because when i would try to post them it would say picture to big I'll try and re do the post tonight when u get home from work also the neem is for scale bugs Nats an a couple others I can't think of off the top of my head I treated it because there was Nats that would not leave it alone

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Neem is really only effective above ground.

Welcome to Crazy!

Both Scale and Gnats have a below soil level stage of life best irradicated with the use of small carnivorous centipedes.

Or you will be neeming every life cycle forever.

Sorce

Lorax7

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Are you certain that you used too much neem oil or are you attributing the leaf drop to the neem oil application simply because spraying the tree preceded the leaf drop? If, at the time you applied the neem oil, you were following the directions and felt like you'd applied an appropriate amount, my guess would be that your application of neem has nothing to do with the leaf drop. I did not apply any chemicals, but my BRTs have also been dropping leaves. My experience has been that's just something they do around this time of year when they're indoors for the winter. I'm not sure if the cause is environmental (perhaps the very low humidity in the house) or if it's something that originates from the tree's circadian rhythms (i.e. the plant's internal clock is set to drop last year's leaves at this time of year to prepare for the next growth cycle). One of my BRTs has dropped almost all of its leaves but I can see plenty of healthy swelling buds that are getting ready to put out new growth.

Haxor Dave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It said neem in big letters since then it dropped all the leafs and has grown a large portion back and been re potted and is doing fine I was just posting pictures since I figured out how to instead of makeing them zip files also the room they live in the humidity has 2 humidifiers in there amd ranged from 45 to 70%

Haxor Dave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Mine drop all of their leaves before a growth spurt too.
Nice to know I'm in Arkansas so atm it's way to cold for them at some point I do plain to let them live outdoors but that might be a while do to not having a green house and crop dusters all around me( I'm surrounded by fields)

Haxor Dave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
My larger one has some dead wood on it I think I need to either cut down or out one can't really deside what do yall think

Attachments

• 20220219_110356.jpg
    20220219_110356.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom