My cold greenhouse...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It happens to be a raised gazebo that is enclosed. Once known as the hot tub room. To now the garden room as my husband calls it. (High falooten shed/cold greenhouse) It has an electric baseboard heater on a wall mount thermostat wired in. Set at 30F.

imagejpg5_zps01e26422.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsa22a48d2.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsdd1476fb.jpg

Asian inspired bookends...
imagejpg1_zps94066784.jpg

With more of my garden accents stored away...and the drafters table I purchased today for $8 since it's adjustable...I figured if I need an island I can pull it out and work larger trees on it. I happen to have a very large wooden lazy Susan I use for holidays for the dining table I could use as well. If I find it's useless...I'll pass it along to the church rummage sale.

imagejpg9_zpsdf625811.jpg

I thought I attached a look from the outside so one could understand the concept of this room we turned into a cold greenhouse. It was not being used much with the hot tub any longer. (I hated it...and our boys outgrew the awe of having one) So we turned it into a cold greenhouse so it gets more use.
imagejpg1_zps17d923b5.jpg

Last edited:

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow you did a great job! Very nice work. Thanks for the extra pic. I always thought it was a gazebo on the ground. Great place to work on trees. You should really be proud about how that turned out.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Wow you did a great job! Very nice work. Thanks for the extra pic. I always thought it was a gazebo on the ground. Great place to work on trees. You should really be proud about how that turned out.

Thanks...though I have to commend the husband as he did the work. I also gave the employee who suggested to my husband to do this a bonus. :D He asked him in passing how often he used the hot tub. And he had used it but once the last year. Then, the employee suggested a greenhouse. For the wife who is getting serious about bonsai as well as the flowerbeds she is accumulating a lot of stuff you said. Planted the seed he did. :D

I thought a photo might explain the gazebo...as raised "you can walk under" even. Glad it helped put it into perspective of it being raised.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Looks amazing!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Ya'll did a great job....

Brian

Thanks Brian...we use our house to show possible new clients my husbands work. So it is fun putting my personal touch on things. His not laughing at me when I suggested a pergola just "because" we had the height for it. Shows he loves me.

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I love it! Looks to be complete and ready for the Zombie Apocalypse (with that green AMMO box full of grenades I'll bet) :rolleyes: Your husband does great work and your choice of materials and accents tops it all off perfectly.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I love it! Looks to be complete and ready for the Zombie Apocalypse (with that green AMMO box full of grenades I'll bet) :rolleyes: Your husband does great work and your choice of materials and accents tops it all off perfectly.

Lol the green one is reproduction (the long rectangular box on floor) the one on above on the shelf...has stamping saying something about...exploding projectile. Picked it up for the husband for his clay pigeons. But, he laughed saying...it's to heavy to haul back and fourth. So...they house...disappointingly...my glass plate flowers for winter storage...shhh don't tell anyone. ;)

Thanks for the compliments...just odds and ends that I liked. Like the primitive sunflower with the crow and mouse. And the yoga frog...which is silly looking. Was needing storage to keep things protected...so the boxes I had one...the green one just went along with what I had and planned to use.

Now...to get that table finished and add the brown finishing wax to tone the green down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 48

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Just realized I hadn't shared the Japanese door cloth photo. I had a seamstress tack the split down the middle where it was meant for one to pass through. To keep it from getting caught in the door when closing it. She ended up taking some width off the sides. It seems almost like a burlap so she mended the raw edges with a stitch to keep it from fraying.

On an off note...the thermostat goes down to -23C which Was lower than the one I had thought to buy. (Light store in town ordered this for me)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 33

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I've been so busy I missed these photos. It came out very nice, a charming space. And it looks very much like you'll be able to expand your tree collection quite easily within.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I've been so busy I missed these photos. It came out very nice, a charming space. And it looks very much like you'll be able to expand your tree collection quite easily within.

Thanks Judy...yes, there might be a little room in there for more trees. I think after the husband built it...it scared him how much room he did give me. Lol

Top Bottom