My contest Shimpoopoo

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This thread will cover the half ass butcher job that I did to hurry and enter into the fall contest.
I started with this.image.jpegwithout spending a lot of time with the tree I EMMIDIATLLY started hacking at it like so.image.jpeg Within about 5 minutes I decided to grab ahold of the left side and rip it off by handimage.jpegeven got enough root that it is still alive... Saving it for another contest:)

Random User

Reaction score
"I decided to grab ahold of the left side and rip it off by hand... "

The surgical approach, I love it!... good stuff, I don't understand why the bonsai books don't teach this method. :)

I'd dare say that in time, it was going to fail there anyway.

Random User

Reaction score
If you wanted movement in that shari, you can hold it with your pliers and heat it with the torch... this turns the sap (sugars) into a solid state and the limb (if it was alive) will hold the shape that you held it in with the pliers...

... but you prolly already know that, so I'll shut up now.

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you wanted movement in that shari, you can hold it with your pliers and heat it with the torch... this turns the sap (sugars) into a solid state and the limb (if it was alive) will hold the shape that you held it in with the pliers...

... but you prolly already know that, so I'll shut up now.
I wish, nothing but dead wood in this thing. That single live vein has been like that for years it looks like, already singled out its roots.

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
image.jpeg Scraping and brushing and then brushing and scraping!
If you are brushing a lot and not getting the whitening affect you want... Lime Sulfer!image.jpegbut not in your mouth:)
May look yellow at first, but not for long.
Oh the denture brush, gotta be using a denture brush to be cool.image.jpeg

Random User

Reaction score
What-r-the-odds, that you could fuse that other portion right back on there now?

Random User

Reaction score
... if you had an inkling too that is...

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Might take. Watchu thinking?

Random User

Reaction score
... I was just curious, if it would even take... you'd know far better than I if it will... but it might cover that lack of nebari on the dead-wood side... although this is not a real problem with a "non-deciduous tree" anyway...

Random User

Reaction score
... t'was just a thought, I'll leave you to your work now... I think I've intruded enough. :)

Random User

Reaction score
@Stickroot

Dude!, of all the progressions I've seen done, that looks fantastic... the positioning in the pot makes my bitchin' about the roots a mute point... I'll give it a 9.955 out'ta 10, just because it ain't mine. :)

Top Bottom