My demo tree for Bonsai Europe 2015

ChrisV

Shohin
Reaction score
Yesterday Tony Tickle from England revealed some of the demo trees for the Bonsai Europe event that will be held in the UK Oktober 2015.
He invited me to be one of the demonstrators that weekend.
I'll be working on a Big Yew yamadori from Poland and Will Baddeley one of europe's finest in deadwood carving is going to work the deadwood the day before.
I will have active participation in the deadwood design also because it has to fit the initial design I have in mind.
Nevertheless it is a great honor to work with Will he has done his magic on many well know trees for great artist here in Europe already.
Really looking forward to this as it is one of the bigger events in Europe.

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j079MpZAT4M

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Impressive base to that Yamadori! What an honor to be chosen...please keep us updated with your styling of this tree. Loved his avatar of Mr.Tickle from Roger Hargreaves Mr.Men series as well. Have that collection in our book nook that is from the UK. So where the US version says truck...the UK version says Lorry. :eek:

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Nice material, should be a lot of fun. Be sure to take lots of pix!

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
That's a killer tree.Will be great to see what you do to it.I am always impressed by the trees you post!

ChrisV

Shohin
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yes i'm also very curious what idea's I will come up with. It is really great material and sure a real honor that they asked me.
Next month I will get pictures of the tree from all angles so I can come up with some designs that I will discuss with Will Baddeley so he can adjust his carving to it and that we are sure the flow and motion of both elements will be in balance.

It is not often you see both things done at the same time in a demo so I believe we can make this tree look outstanding together. My goal would be styling the tree as far as it needs to be exhibited maybe 2 years later.
Because it would be so awesome to see it at a show like the Noelander trophy one day.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
WOW! Congrats Chris! That is an awesome opportunity and honor. Usually one sees one artist but a collaborative effort should also be very interesting to see. Will is great!

Best and have fun! :)

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Will visited our club - his carving skills are amazing. Really great honour to be chosen for the event and I love your blog - you're the European equivalent of Vance Wood, getting 'ordinary' garden centre material and turning them into great trees.

Top Bottom