My dog and Japanese Maple

Serafin

Seed
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here and in bonsai universe.
I start to buy and plant bonsai from last spring, and I have in my collection a Japanese maple of course, but last year I think it happened in August my dog(a beautiful labrador) attack and play with this maple tree, poor tree. He destroy the tree, but somehow the tree survive
Now soon in UK spring will come and I can see some sots coming out just from one trunk, Do you think guys I can save this tree? How can I do that? I bought some fertilizer for maples tree but I think I have to wait a bit more before I repot this tree.

I can't wait for your advise guys!

Attachments

• IMG_20200119_121240.jpg
    IMG_20200119_121240.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 65

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Leave it be and see what grows. You can't plan anything until it has a chance to grow some branches.
If you want good advice for your area, you should put your location in your profile so it shows up under your name.
Welcome!

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Yea best advise you can get would be to just let it heal and grow. How bad were the roots?

Serafin

Seed
Reaction score
Yea best advise you can get would be to just let it heal and grow. How bad were the roots?
I don't know yet, its freezing overnight here in Uk so I tough to leave it till late February when I plan to reported.

Top Bottom