Omono
Reaction score
thats some quality bonsai, great pot as well

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Great to see you post on the site again. These have such an easy feel to them, and the pot pairings are sublime.

Bunjeh

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have always been amazed by your work. In photographs you cannot tell if it is 40 cm or 40 metres tall. Bravo.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
As usual Mr. Pall your work speaks volumes of your artistry. Great trees, how did they fare in the Noelanders show or has this event taken place yet?

ed

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
LOL B-Nut I just seen your thread about the brochure.

ed

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
Very nice Walter, love the material. You may not want to discuss this but I was wondering if you have any articles on taking pictures of your trees. I'm very interested in what you use as backdrops? Are they permanent set ups, do you move them in and out from an enclosed area? Photo's are very nice as well. thanks

Joedes3

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great material! A pleasure to see your work.
JoeDes

Gene Deci

Shohin
Reaction score
People argue about what the 'naturalistic' style means. I'm not sure anyone has defined it but you can almost always pick out a Walter Pall tree. For me they are the best.

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sir,

Your work never ceases to amaze me and these trees are no exception. However, there is an area on one tree that is causing me to comment. Let me add that I am by no means qualified to question your work so please don’t my question as a criticism. I only wish to learn.
I have outlined in red an area of the spruce that caught my eye and is causing me to ask a couple questions. The primary branch (marked in blue) seems to come from the trunk and form three secondary limbs at the same location. I’m not sure that’s the case but it does appear so. Also, the secondary limb closest to the viewer on that same primary branch appears to be quite large in diameter giving a heavy feel to that area. Of course, these are just my observations based on a two-dimensional photograph so there’s probably much more going on than what can be seen. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Walter Pall Spruce Question.jpg
With Highest Regards,

Vince

Top Bottom