My first bench!

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I see a Raintree!!! Hopefully the weather holds. I'll be bye next week!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Enjoy your trees!!!!

amatbrewer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Nice bench. I am still trying to decide on a design and I might steal a few ideas from yours.

If you don't mind me asking, as Yakima has rather similar weather to Aurora (at least right now, similar temps but your humidity is lower), how long you have had your tropical trees outside? I've been hesitant to move my umbrella's outside as the nighttime lows have just started staying above about 50F, but I think they could really benefit from the additional light.

nrgizerrod

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice bench. I am still trying to decide on a design and I might steal a few ideas from yours.

If you don't mind me asking, as Yakima has rather similar weather to Aurora (at least right now, similar temps but your humidity is lower), how long you have had your tropical trees outside? I've been hesitant to move my umbrella's outside as the nighttime lows have just started staying above about 50F, but I think they could really benefit from the additional light.

Thanks! I kinda winged the design. I had 18’ of 2x6 for the top and I worked my way down from there. I may paint the top, i’m not a big fan of the white but it was free so I can’t complain! Home Depot has the perfect color too, “Bonsai Trunk”!!!

The tropicals just started going out during the day over the past couple weeks when it’s warm, our night temps are still in the low to mid 40’s. It’ll be another 2-3 weeks before i’ll feel good about leaving them out at night.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice! I like seeing a good woodworking project that turns out clean, stable, smooth and “used for the purpose”. Well executed.

Top Bottom