My First Buxus/Boxwood initial styling

gokalp

Seedling
Reaction score
As a beginner, I keep trying to find some trees that have potential to be a bonsai frpm nursery stocks. Some days ago I found a boxwood (I assume it's a buxus sempervirens) and today I applied it's initial style. I'm planning to change the pot at the beginning of the spring and apply some angle to the tree. I'm trying to train myself, so your comments and advises are important for me. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20230116_204058 (1).jpg
    IMG_20230116_204058 (1).jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20230116_203737.jpg
    IMG_20230116_203737.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 104

eugenev2

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
As a beginner, I keep trying to find some trees that have potential to be a bonsai frpm nursery stocks. Some days ago I found a boxwood (I assume it's a buxus sempervirens) and today I applied it's initial style. I'm planning to change the pot at the beginning of the spring and apply some angle to the tree. I'm trying to train myself, so your comments and advises are important for me. Thank you.
Hard to really comment much on styling as there aren't alternative angles.
But this angle looks pretty good as is.
One piece of advice would be to be careful with the wiring, i've found the bark come off relatively easy while wiring and as they are very slow to grow and heal over wounds, putting something on to protect it might be a good idea (like raffia)

gokalp

Seedling
Reaction score
One piece of advice would be to be careful with the wiring, i've found the bark come off relatively easy while wiring

Thank you for your advice. I tried to be careful not to damage but there's no need to risk it. Raffia would be useful for the job. I will pay attention to that for the next wiring.

Top Bottom