My first olive

MARZ_TJ

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hi all
I picked up an olive to practice on a couple of days ago. It had a pretty long leader that I cut back and a pretty symmetrical S curve (sorry I forgot to take before pics). I threw some wire on it to practice wiring (any criticism is appreciated). Today I noticed the tips of some of the leafs are yellowing a little, I think I'm over watering it, we've been getting days up in the 90s here and I don't want to risk it drying out any advice would be welcome.
Cheers 20200709_151819.jpg20200709_151759.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's new position may be to blame for the discoloration.

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

MARZ_TJ

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
It's new position may be to blame for the discoloration.

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce
Thanks for the response, out of curiosity what is going on with the plant i.e. why does a plant response like this when its moved.

Reaction score
Could also be last years leaves. If so, the olive will gradually shed these

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for the response, out of curiosity what is going on with the plant i.e. why does a plant response like this when its moved.

I believe a plant knows its place on earth. When we look into the network of Mycelium, we see this is quite true. So I believe a plant can get messed up just moving it at all.

But extremes, like a plant grown in a greenhouse on a mountain, brought down to a cold valley and left outdoors, can be quite the disrupter, even if only 15 minutes away.

Micro climate is the cheap answer.

The fungi tell it information about the microclimate is the gangster answer.

Sorce

Top Bottom