MY GARDEN, SHARE YOURS

fudo133

Sapling
Reaction score
How do you keep it this green? Are you up in the hills?
Used to live in St Kilda and most of my relatives in Melbourne live around Fitzroy. Not places where you keep moss gardens normally!
Good guess ;) I'm in Belgrave, at the foot of the Dandenongs, so its not really much of a struggle to keep things looking lush....its much harder to keep moisture sensitive things like white pines happy though!

I cant say i've seen any moss gardens in St Kilda or Fitzroy, buuuuut i must confess to being mightily jealous of an alley behind some warehouses in richmond a few weeks back...the moss in there would have been at least 50mm thick

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
buuuuut i must confess to being mightily jealous of an alley behind some warehouses in richmond a few weeks back...t
lol. I think it was richmond where I lived for a for months around 2005. Prices for townhouses were still within reach. I looked at moving to Oz permanently back then on a needed worker visa.
I was driving around Belgrave too. Gorgeous. The dandenong are (were :( ) amongst my favorite places in Oz. First time there was in the 80-ies when the hike to the lookout was over rubble and a makeship rope was placed at some strategic places. Shocked when I returned and saw the steel walkways, stairs etc.

In the end I came to the conclusion that buying anything on an academics salary would be at least beyond the end of the line stops.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Unfortunately, you are looking at and falling in love with the canopy. Bonsai is made or lost with the first few inches of trunk, which I suspect is barren of the major branches that are the difference between shrubs and bonsai.

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Mine from the back. We're considering moving next year, but if we end up staying, I'll probably re-design the area to make a little better use of the space. The tops of some of my benches are rotting anyway. Next time, I'll probably stain the flat surfaces at least.

20210615_171026.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
It will be a nice father's day weekend with my daughter, some trees and bbq. 😁

Happy father's day to all the dads here 🍻

View attachment 381485
Happy Father's Day to you! We went out for a nice dinner tonight with our son to avoid the craziness at restaurants tomorrow. Plus, I need to get a couple azaleas trimmed up and repotted tomorrow so I'll throw something on the grill or smoker. Have a great day.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Top Bottom