My god / BBC (of Netflix Our Planet) / orang-utan / saddest thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
When asked about this President in Presidential terms, and leaving personal feeling aside, just what exactly don't you think he is doing for you. Just name a couple, I don't see the need for a bash fest.
The most I get out of people is that they don't like the way he speaks but yet, it's OK for them to speak that way about people they don't particularly like. Personally I cannot think of any single President that has done more for America than DJ Trump. I shall now seriously consider withdrawing form the public exercise of bonsai. I have found over the last couple of years a real un-American attitude around the intelegencia of bonsai.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
When asked about this President in Presidential terms, and leaving personal feeling aside, just what exactly don't you think he is doing for you. Just name a couple, I don't see the need for a bash fest.

Wow, really, how about this big stinky broken promise? This balloon shows no signs of stopping. Handling the budget deficit was one of our president's promises--up until it wasn't...
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-budget-deficit-widens-to-234-billion-in-february-2019-03-22

Is this costly, probably ineffective public works project, or misappropriated military funding. Ask ANY of the Customs and Border Protection commissioners ex-or current (I have), or one of the ex or even the current DHS Secretaries (I have) if a 2,500 mile long wall is worth the money. You'll get a big "negatory good buddy" Ask if cutting aid to the Northern Triangle Countries will help. Same answer.
https://www.cato.org/blog/cost-border-wall-keeps-climbing-its-becoming-less-wall

An attempt to accelerate the 50-year long push by past presidents towards an "imperial presidency" to depressing heights. Appropriating money is CONGRESS' job, not the White House's. Even if you don't like the way they're doing it.
https://www.npr.org/2019/03/12/7027...ess-over-how-much-power-a-president-can-wield

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
NPR seriously. What other radical Liberal bastion of political crap can you possibly adhere to?

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
NPR seriously. What other radical Liberal bastion of political crap can you possibly adhere to?

wow. What a snowflake you are. This may not be as upsetting to your sensitive nature
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019...rgency-declaration-congress-diminishing-role/

Seriously, you haven't heard of this? I didn't think you had your head that far in the sand...The trend is historical. It's been creeping for the last 50 years across many administrations. Obama got pilloried for lesser offenses (and played a lot less golf) than our current president
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/aug/26/white-house-power-grabs/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Presidency
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Imperial_Presidency

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
just to throw another log on the fire--if this is true, we have apparently started to negotiate with terrorists...
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/29/politics/joseph-yun-warmbier-north-korea/index.html

Wow CNN too. I thought you said you were a reporter, and conservative for all your life. why are you quoting these "proven to lie" rags.

You have given me no choice but to think you are are a hack in your profession, where did your dignity go?

Next thing you'll be quoting from the Washington Post!

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow CNN too. I thought you said you were a reporter, and conservative for all your life. why are you quoting these "proven to lie" rags.

You have given me no choice but to think you are are a hack in your profession, where did your dignity go?

Next thing you'll be quoting from the Washington Post!
Jesus, what it like under all that suspicion and hate? Must be a heavy load to bear. Nothing is credible to you. I could quote stories all day from wherever and you can make this silly argument about "lies" How's that Cherry flavored cool aid? Your interest in insulting me professionally, shows you've become just another Internet troll who speaks from some dark pit of god knows what...Good luck with that load of bile and venom. You know what they say, if you hold onto it, it will kill you eventually.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I could turn that around and ask what you think he's done for you and/or the country that is so great?

As far as I can tell, he is doing little if anything "for me", but on a larger scale he has done (and is doing) much to hurt this country and that is probably a bigger deal.

- He's done nothing to improve the various divides that exist in American society. In fact, his rhetoric has made things worse, hate crimes are increasing for example. People cannot even have civilized discussions of political topics anymore. Anyone who questions or criticizes our "dear leader" is labeled anti-American.

- His "the media is the enemy" rhetoric is extremely dangerous and frankly, un-American.

- "Drain the swamp" - nice mantra, but he's done something that I didn't think was possible - he's actually brought in a collection of inept and corrupt individuals who have made the swamp worse than it was.

- Where's the commitment to infrastructure improvement? This country is crumbling and instead he is trying to spend billions to build a wall that will not work (ever hear of tunnels?) He had 2 years with a republican congress and, well...what did the great deal maker accomplish?

- He's made America a laughingstock in the eyes of the world (just look at some of the comments we get from Europeans, Australians, etc on this forum). We were already on the track toward being followers instead of leaders and he has accelerated that process. His child-like twitter rants are something that I never expected to see from a president of the United States.

- Tax reform - lowered taxes on the higher income people and corporations. Corporations were supposed to reinvest that in jobs but instead they have bought back their stock (as many predicted). This has artificially propped up the stock market which is good for some but mainly those who already have money. The financial divide continues to grow.

- Speaking of taxes...my taxes certainly didn't go down this year, in fact they went up slightly.

- Deficit continues to grow as someone else noted. We will pay for this down the road.

Just to show I can look at things from both sides, here are a couple of positives

- His assertion that NATO members should pay more for their defense is something I agree with.

- He's single-handedly made late night TV funny again.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Jesus, what it like under all that suspicion and hate? Must be a heavy load to bear. Nothing is credible to you. I could quote stories all day from wherever and you can make this silly argument about "lies" How's that Cherry flavored cool aid? Your interest in insulting me professionally, shows you've become just another Internet troll who speaks from some dark pit of god knows what...Good luck with that load of bile and venom. You know what they say, if you hold onto it, it will kill you eventually.
Just like a reporter...more sensationalism. Drama Queen.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
- His "the media is the enemy" rhetoric is extremely dangerous and frankly, un-American.

Bingo, you hit the nail directly on the head. Just forget everything you know. Take a chill pill and remove everything out of your head that you hear from the news, TV, and paper.

Just forget all the crappy speak about Trump personally, and just tell me how your life is different from two years ago?

With the exception of now being retired, and my wife being dead, it is exactly as before. In fact I was able to knock 300.00 a month off my mortgage with a refinance.

Most, obviously not all, of everything in Washington has no change on most Americans, if your a working tax paying American.

No matter what the Asshole in the Whitehouse does it doesn't trickle down that far.....unless it's tax increases for stupid stuff, which the Liberals want to do in spades. As far as late night TV, I don't watch it. Juvenile conservative bashing. I'd rather be sleeping.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just like a reporter...more sensationalism. Drama Queen.
Ya know, this might be more of an insult if you weren't wearing dildo glasses straight out of a bridesmaid catalogue and didn't post pics of yourself in a pink thong...;)

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ya know, this might be more of an insult if you weren't wearing dildo glasses straight out of a bridesmaid catalogue and didn't post pics of yourself in a pink thong...;)
I love it..thanks.
killing you isn't it...bwahhahahaha

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
you mean that isn't a Jimmy Durante costume?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

some money earmarked to prop up the VA would be nice...….but when you pay for deferrals to avoid the law, what would a veteran matter!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom