My Hurricane Michael Update

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Good to see you're still with us!
Hopefully the trees are O.K. but they can be replaced.
You and your family cant.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm so relieved Vin, hope you get your power back quickly.

Reactions: Vin

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Glad you and your wife made it through OK, and your house looks in decent shape (minus some roofing perhaps?). Hope at least some of your bonsai are OK, you have some really nice trees.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
my dad lives out in Melbourne, Florida..he always seems to be fine whenever the wild weather hits. thank god!
i whatsapped him as soon as the news about this storm hit and he instantly replied "im good"

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Glad that you and your family are ok. Praying for everyone affected by the storm.

Paul F.

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11b
We went through this last year and I hate to see anyone go through. Glad you’re ok though, that’s the main thing. Material stuff can be replaced or repaired. It took a year to get back to normal and 10 months to repair our home. Stay positive and I hope everything works out for you!

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hope your fortunes have changed for the better, @Vin , checked your profile, so you have been "checking in"...…..

Hope all is well and, well, "Randy"!!!;):):):):):):)

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hope your fortunes have changed for the better, @Vin , checked your profile, so you have been "checking in"...…..

Hope all is well and, well, "Randy"!!!;):):):):):):)
We still have no stable internet for the most part, I've been using my hot spot on my phone. Our internet at work came up Monday but I've been so busy I can only check in from time to time and really I have nothing new to post. I think about 90% of my trees survived but they are all over the place because half my benches are still covered with fallen trees. Thanks for checking on me - I'll get around to posting again when things settle down. Cheers!

Paul F.

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11b
We still have no stable internet for the most part, I've been using my hot spot on my phone. Our internet at work came up Monday but I've been so busy I can only check in from time to time and really I have nothing new to post. I think about 90% of my trees survived but they are all over the place because half my benches are still covered with fallen trees. Thanks for checking on me - I'll get around to posting again when things settle down. Cheers!

Stay positive, @Vin. I went through the same thing you're going through with Irma. After a year, everything is almost back to normal. I know it all sucks but just take everything one day at a time.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Hi Vin! Glad you're alright!
Just back from Navarre Bc a couple weeks ago. The worst damage we saw was
some damage to the hot tub and speakers on the deck where we stayed.
Also the red tide was not visible, but did choke us up often with on shore winds.
A lot of air traffic and some supplies by boat going from Pensacola to Mexico City Bc.
Sorry about your trees and benches... ...

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mind Over Matter @Vin Stay strong!

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Still working on cleanup. I can't do anything during the week because of work so the weekends are really busy. These before and after shots are pretty cool but sad at the same time.

Before.jpg

After.jpg

Top Bottom