My JBP learning tree, come take a look

kthehun89

Sapling
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, figure I'd start my own JBP thread featuring this nice little tree courtesy of NE Bonsai. The very nice threads going on a few years as well as Brian's pdf have definetly gotten me started down a very long and needle-y road. I've been reading for a few months now and finally got jiggy with it.

Some of you saw my JWP sourced from them, and as you can see I went directly to Teddi and she helped me select this tree as my "head first" jump into JBP care and development. The tree is a little over 12" and has a nice trunk and taper in my mind. Considering the tree is a few weeks old, the spring work was done to it, and all I have done is transplant into a larger container and put a minor layer of organic on the top to protect the tree from the socal dryness. The tree as shown some nice growth and change since I've received it, so that's a start. Nothing else going down with this guy this year, just watching. Anywho, enjoy the pics. Please comment and critique!!! I want to leaaaarrrnnnnn :)

The apex

Both my pines.

Thanks for looking.

K

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Nice stuff, good luck with it, two species that are both beautiful and can be difficult.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
If you want to learn, go watch Ryan Neal's videos on pines. The one regarding two flush pines like LBP is outstanding, makes a complicated subject seem easy to understand and will leave you feeling much more confident!

See if this link will work for ya!
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Yn1FiRw2JBo&desktop_uri=/watch?v=Yn1FiRw2JBo
Good luck- looks like you have some great trees there!

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Great looking JBP!

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
That JBP has a lot of similarities to one I got from Gary Ishii, Chikugo-en in SoCal...should be fun.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice little tree to start to learn and grow on.

I just got a couple from NE myself.

Good luck and have fun!

Top Bottom