my lastest pot

Boondock

Shohin
Reaction score
I am a novice potter. I would like to show my latest work. Here is a pot that I made and was fired last week. The last image is a Mugo Pine that I bought last year and is currently in a pond basket. I am not very good making virts, but you can get the idea.

Attachments

• pot.jpg
    pot.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 83
  • pot2.jpg
    pot2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 54
  • VIRT_mugo_pot.jpg
    VIRT_mugo_pot.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 106

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
I like it. I like the mass and the texture - reminds me of wood.

I bet you could do something cool, sort of making it look like boards nailed together at the corners. Think of an old wood grow box with snaggy rusted nail heads exposed but captured in time in clay. Sounds silly but I would buy one!

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
very nice pot i think it works well with the tree

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Dave, Fine job! I like the texturing. I think I have to disagree with the choice of tree for pot, I realize that its a virt and nothing has been set in stone ;). The pot with its rigid sides and blocked feet suggest a formal up right with some hutzba, real power. That blocky style pot is a strong image.
Really nice job, make sure you show us your future works so we can follow along.

handpotter

Seedling
Reaction score
Nicely done. I am particularly fond of the textured finish. Handbuilding without warpage is quite a trick. It looks like this pot dried and fired well. Was that gas or electric fired?

Glider

Yamadori
Reaction score
I think it would go well with a thick-trunked gnarly old black pine. It needs something massive (although not large) and masculine.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Looks too perfect for clay. I'm wondering if it is fiberglass resin poured in a mold made of Styrofoam or something like that.

I like the pot, wouldn't mind having one for one of my trees.

Top Bottom