My leaves are gone!

PhotoMike

Seed
Reaction score
I agree, not so much the tree itself is beautiful with the tiny flowers, glossy leaves and bark and fairly hardy. It was my first and I had it for 5 years and I loved it. I did trim the roots too much the first time and I thought I killed it but it came back wonderfully. Its nemesis was mealy bugs. Insecticidal soap, several times did not work, systemic insecticide, nope, alcohol on Q tip every day for months, nope, Neems oil, nope. At this point, I was concerned with infecting other plants. I finally treated it every other day with Neems oil figuring I would cure it or kill it, I did succeed with the killing part. Next time it will be Kingsford light fluid ! :D

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I agree, not so much the tree itself is beautiful with the tiny flowers, glossy leaves and bark and fairly hardy. It was my first and I had it for 5 years and I loved it. I did trim the roots too much the first time and I thought I killed it but it came back wonderfully. Its nemesis was mealy bugs. Insecticidal soap, several times did not work, systemic insecticide, nope, alcohol on Q tip every day for months, nope, Neems oil, nope. At this point, I was concerned with infecting other plants. I finally treated it every other day with Neems oil figuring I would cure it or kill it, I did succeed with the killing part. Next time it will be Kingsford light fluid ! :D
🤣

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
It does bloom and get long shoots which I trim away after the shoots get long enough
Here’s a couple of some of the long shoots cut from mine that I planted !
The mother plant is a box store buy 3 years ago. I found a place that it tolerates after moving it around a few times. But figuring the water amount was more difficult for me.
@jamesfern If it’s a goner get another and figure out what it likes!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

brainfree

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Here’s a couple of some of the long shoots cut from mine that I planted !
The mother plant is a box store buy 3 years ago. I found a place that it tolerates after moving it around a few times. But figuring the water amount was more difficult for me.
@jamesfern If it’s a goner get another and figure out what it likes!!
Did you just stick those in the dirt?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Did you just stick those in the dirt?
2 liter bottle poke a couple holes in the bottom cut top 1/3 off (save) fill with a few inches of sand then wet to drain. Dip Fukien cutting in rooting gel (I used Dyna-Gro) put in sand then tape top back on with the lid on it and keep in indirect sunlight. I waited a month or so and saw new growth. Not sure of best time to do this but I did it late summer.

Top Bottom