my naked trees.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@MACH5 has the beast now, I was so glad to find it such a talented new owner to take it along it's journey.

I guess Piglet is big enough to double post about... lol
Does Sergio call it Piglet?

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just beautiful trees! Always inspirational for newbies like myself. @JudyB would these be considered shohin?

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Just beautiful trees! Always inspirational for newbies like myself. @JudyB would these be considered shohin?
Most but not all are shohin, the Chinese Quince, Japanese quince, the Hackberry, and a few of the hornbeams are larger. Thanks AZ!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
My Goji berry with 3 fruits, one is small and behind, but there is also a 4th that hasn't colored hiding in there too. The dwarf apple looks nice wired, and I'm making some progress with the oddball J. Maple...Quince is going to bloom soon. IMG_1066.jpgIMG_1067.jpgIMG_1068.jpgIMG_1069.jpgIMG_1070.jpgIMG_1071.jpgIMG_1072.jpgIMG_1074.jpg

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
A satsuki that I eliminated many branches on and wired the rest for a new style, will set it a bit more upright when repotting. Barberry, and my cherry is STILL blooming... Another quince, this one has never bloomed for me yet.
IMG_1075.jpgIMG_1076.jpgIMG_1079.jpgIMG_1080.jpgIMG_1081.jpgIMG_1082.jpgIMG_1083.jpg

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I love it! I don't know if you have the same feeling as mine, but I would name it, Tai chi ! :)
Thụ Thoại
I knew you would like this one, it's nice to see blossoms this time of year! Thank you for the new name!

Reaction score
I like all the trees. Nice collection. The 4-trunk is nice and since it is "not-done" it is a good conversation piece (this thread is a proof). Cutting away is virtually easy but will leave you with some problems that will make you doubt if you took the right decision. The only thing you might consider is taking a cutting, develop it over 5 years and when you're ready ... add it at the back. It both create options and it buys you time since you are "addressing" the problem. Thanks for showing naked pics.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Cool stuff! I really like the Beauty Berry. I think my Goji is going on the block in spring. It's a handful to keep happy down here.
They are not really easy plants, I have learned a couple things about them that have helped me keep them better.

Reactions: Vin

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I like all the trees. Nice collection. The 4-trunk is nice and since it is "not-done" it is a good conversation piece (this thread is a proof). Cutting away is virtually easy but will leave you with some problems that will make you doubt if you took the right decision. The only thing you might consider is taking a cutting, develop it over 5 years and when you're ready ... add it at the back. It both create options and it buys you time since you are "addressing" the problem. Thanks for showing naked pics.
I am going to see how different genetically the air layer is that I have taken already and think about using it if it’s close enough. Thanks for the thoughts!

Top Bottom