My New Dwarf Crabapple Cultivars

berzerkules

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I love tri-cots. I've had a few over the years but they always ended up dead or I got rid of them.

If/when you end up propagating I'd be definitely be interested.

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
How are these doing now, I love seeing the interesting growth pattern. Still very interested if you ever propagate
It flowered this year for the first time, just in one spot on one branch. But not bad for only being like 5 or 6 years old.
0D582B0F-F572-4B37-A109-CD226BED217B.jpeg
There’s a photo of the flower buds before fully opening. They are bright pink/red when closed and turn to white once the flower opens. Unfortunately I don’t have a pic of the open flower. They flowered kind of weirdly. It looked like I might have had some insect activity on the plant, which I have treated, so maybe that could have make the flowers bloom weirdly. Like a little deformed. Will have to wait to see it bloom again next year, hopefully better results. Though it does appear that two of the few flowers it had were pollinated and seem to be producing fruit. Excited to see the color of the fruit and will see if I can germinate the seed. This plant could have some pretty strange children if it’s not sterile or something. Otherwise it is growing well and maybe will try some cuttings this year, we’ll see.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Interesting growth habit, i.e., those tight nodes. Have you thought about methods to take advantage/or restrain what should be really dense growth?

Cool! :cool:

Top Bottom