My New Picture Web Site

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just put together a new picture web site that is in conjunction with flikr . It has most of my current trees and some of which I recently sold. To the right of each pic is a brief description of each tree, mainly when the tree was purchased as compared to the date of the recent pic, most being within the last year or two. There is also a place for comments next to each pic so feel free to do so.:)

http://www.fluidr.com/photos/24423071@N02

bonsaiguru

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Nice site...great pictures....awesome bonsais

Thomas great bonsais...if you ever selling some of your JBP let me know.....

rock

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice presentation and variety
Good job Thomas

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
if you ever selling some of your JBP let me know..

Yeah it seems like everyone is wanting my JBPs.:) I think I still have a few good years left in me though so it might be a while if you can wait.:D

satsuki

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You have beautiful photos, and really nice trees!

Andrew

mrchips1952

Yamadori
Reaction score
Website

Thomas, very nice trees and a clean presentaion on your website. Dave in Colorado;)

Joedes3

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very impressive. Thanks for the wonderful photos

xghostx

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great photos. Would you mind sharing your set up?

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Would you mind sharing your set up?

Hi there,
which set up are you referring to, as to how I take the pics, or something else? :confused:

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Okay, glad you asked. Even though I have four different camera systems, Olympus, Sony, Nikon, and Canon, my set up is pretty basic. For all the ones that show a real black background, those were shot on the patio at night with my Olympus camera. No flash is ever used on these, instead I use a wide angle fast lens (2.8). In one hand I hold the camera and in the other I hold a 100 watt patio light shining right where it needs to be. Since I'm using a wide angle lens I can be pretty close to my subject.

Those pics with a black background that is not as black is made with a black fabric material shot in daylight. The same goes for the white background using a white pull down shade.

The ones with the blurred background is made with either my Nikon or my Canon cams using a telephoto lens set with a wide apeture. :D

My interest in shooting my trees has led me into photography and a lot of fun shooting everything from portraits to macro pics of flowers and insects.:)

Top Bottom