My new pinus sylvestris!

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Picked this up at all shapes bonsai today for 35 bucks. A chance to do some carving finally. I feel like some ramification of the branching and a new apex is all I need to have a decent tree. this first pic shows what I envision as the front and the second is the back. the backside shows the group of buds I hope to make the new apex with. I few branches to be jinned also. To me the styling of this tree is very obvious, tell me what you would do. forgot my size relativity. the trunk is about 3"

Attachments

• 20151115_151347.jpeg
    20151115_151347.jpeg
    383.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 20151115_151353.jpeg
    20151115_151353.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 62

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'd like to see it become pretty without carving, seems that wound can heal, and heal nice, at that point, no carving for me.

Second thought, I'd like to know if those current branches are"usable" at this stage. Seems like they are not to me, or at least, not as easy as it seems from here.

I hope I am wrong!

Looks mad promising though!

Score

Sorce

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'd like to see it become pretty without carving, seems that wound can heal, and heal nice, at that point, no carving for me.

Second thought, I'd like to know if those current branches are"usable" at this stage. Seems like they are not to me, or at least, not as easy as it seems from here.

I hope I am wrong!

Looks mad promising though!

Score

Sorce
you think it'll heal away? I guess I'll wait then. As far as the branches not being usable .. is it because of how thick they are?
this photo doesnt show the back budding very well

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
you think it'll heal away? I guess I'll wait then. As far as the branches not being usable .. is it because of how thick they are?
this photo doesnt show the back budding very well

Sorry. That's all pine guy stuff!

I have no idea,
Just my first thoughts!

Sorce

Top Bottom