Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
shoutout to https://www.peckhamsgreenhouse.com/

it flowered soon after i got it

gfg27sC.jpg

gGiJ8BR.jpg

i hope to let it train in the pot for a year or so and begin some hard pruning for semi-bonsai

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
These types of hibiscus hybrids make decent medium to larger size bonsai. It is a hybrid based on Hibiscus rosa-sinensis. Good plant to let it grow for this remaining year. These are summer outdoors, winter indoors trees. Next spring after it has gone back outdoors would be the earliest time I would consider any pruning. In the mean time, let it grow and enjoy the flowers. The flower looks huge, but I think the aspect ratio of your photo is off.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
These types of hibiscus hybrids make decent medium to larger size bonsai. It is a hybrid based on Hibiscus rosa-sinensis. Good plant to let it grow for this remaining year. These are summer outdoors, winter indoors trees. Next spring after it has gone back outdoors would be the earliest time I would consider any pruning. In the mean time, let it grow and enjoy the flowers. The flower looks huge, but I think the aspect ratio of your photo is off.
thanks Leo.

yeah - i got lucky and selected the tropical version as opposed to the perennial type.
ill do what you mentioned and let her go until next spring. im hoping the 3 other buds made moves during

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A

Hey Leo - do the pics look majorly distored as they do when i look at them on my cell? i changed the pic size via 'edit' on forum and dragged corner of pic to size it. i need to stop doing that and resize before uploading if so...dont want them out of proportion/distorted

Top Bottom