My next raintree

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I tried to not buy anything else but failed. Raintrees works real well in my area. Decided to buy this to work on. It has a lot of potential and I can't wait to work on it. It needs a ton of work for what I want to do with it. I'll post more pictures when I can. Big mess to clean up now.
20170615_181455.jpg
Also bought this small sweetgum. I really like it. Will be fun just to watch it do its own thing.
20170615_154059.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Wow, that is nice! How tall is it, and where did you get it?

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Carol. Its 27 inches from the soil. It has a plenty of problems with it but will be fun to slowly fix it up the way I want to. I'm dying to rip into it but holding back. At least with this one I have plenty to work with to start.
Funny I just took some pictures of it outside at night and the leaves are still out. The other two are all folded up. Must be recouping from being in a box. Was hoping it would shed all its leaves due to the calcium deposits all over the tree.
Stuff like this drives me crazy. MUST FIX NOW!!!
20170615_201952.jpg

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Started cleaning the hard water deposits off the trunk. Also found out why the leaves never fold up. They're all dead and getting crispy. Looks like it will completely defoliate. Kind of nerve racking but it should come back. Rain trees hate shipping. I'm going to remove all the wire and let it sit.
20170616_090512.jpg
20170616_090503.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Yeah, the first one I got came from FL, and lost every leaf within a few days, but recovered quickly. The new one I got came from Brussel's with 2 day shipping, and it never skipped a beat. Very cool trunk on yours.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Looks big! Nice trunk, the pot looks a bit awkward with it. I wouldn't fret about the leaves, I'm sure it'll pop again in no time.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I agree with others about it losing its leaves. The tree is healthy, it will be fine.

Some of us defoliate the once a year or so.

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks big! Nice trunk, the pot looks a bit awkward with it. I wouldn't fret about the leaves, I'm sure it'll pop again in no time.
Not the best pot but at least its not brown. I cant stand brown pots :mad:
20170616_090657.jpg

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm not a big fan of brown pots except on conifers as well. Nice looking tree, I might consider some branch editing while out of leaf as well.

Petebak

Mame
Reaction score
I tried to not buy anything else but failed. Raintrees works real well in my area. Decided to buy this to work on. It has a lot of potential and I can't wait to work on it. It needs a ton of work for what I want to do with it. I'll post more pictures when I can. Big mess to clean up now.
View attachment 149405
Also bought this small sweetgum. I really like it. Will be fun just to watch it do its own thing.
View attachment 149407
if you don't mind, where did you purchase the BRT from? looks great! :D

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How about it looks like 2 trees ?

Now what's wrong with a brown pot and the correct colour of bark or foliage or flower :)
Plus is that brown as in dirt brown, orange brown, red brown etc.:eek:

Please keep the group informed visually as you develop it.
Good Day
Anthony

Top Bottom