My oldest tree

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
This morning I gave my crassula a bit of a haircut and realized that I was working on the plant I've had the longest over any.
My jade plant was originally a gift from my mother when I was 8 years old and now I'm 21.
It was treated as a normal houseplant (an extremely neglected one) up until 2013 when I started practicing bonsai.
My little jade has been with me for almost 14 years now and I still love it as much as I did when I was 8 if not more now.

Here's the plant itself.20160520_065809.jpg

My reasoning behind this thread is for all of us to think back and remember what our oldest tree we have is and post a pic up.

Let's see your oldest tree!
And I don't mean age, I mean how long it's been in your care.

Aaron

Alain

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
That's an interesting gift for an 8 year old! :)

You might have been a much quieter 8 years old than I was ;)

Cool tree and story :cool:

Lauren Shisler

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I just saw a fairly large jade plant in my downtown farmers market! Thinking about picking it up... If only my stat class would end sooner....

Hope it's still there when I am finished!

Nice looking plant

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
That's an interesting gift for an 8 year old! :)

You might have been a much quieter 8 years old than I was ;)

Cool tree and story :cool:
I'm "weird" compared to my family, everyone thinks plants are pretty but couldn't grow one to save their life.

I've been intrigued by trees as far back as I can remember. I was a rambunctious one but instead of causing ruckus, I'd be the one to wonder off and climb a tree as far up as I could, then wait till they could find me lol

Aaron

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The Doug fir behind the coffee cup. It may be the first tree I ever collected, first season anyways. Not sure when that was, I'm chronologically challenged. Still a ways to go but getting there I guess. image.jpg

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I have had this tree since 1972. The first tree I obtained after being reborn out of the Army and Viet Nam. I need to get some updated pictures of this tree. We have been through a lot together. It has taught me and I have applied that which I have learned over the years. It keeps changing with me. This photo if from our club show poster from about five years ago. BONSAI_SHOW_smaller.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
stat class

Is that why Med School takes sooo long to complete?

Stat Class Monday....
Get me an IV....Stat.

Tuesday....
Scalpel.....Stat!

Wednesday....
We need a gurny in here...Stat.

Sounds like a boring class!
Lol.

This is a cutting from my oldest. Ficus Ben.
20160511_202937.jpg

And an airlayer.20160507_214234.jpg

I need some better material!
Stat!

Sorce

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
PigMay2015_edited-1.jpg
I have had this tree since 1972. The first tree I obtained after being reborn out of the Army and Viet Nam. I need to get some updated pictures of this tree. We have been through a lot together. It has taught me and I have applied that which I have learned over the years. It keeps changing with me. This photo if from our club show poster from about five years ago.

Here is a photo as of this morning as the tree proceeds down the redesign road into year four of the transformation.
View attachment 105720

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
View attachment 105780

Here is a photo as of this morning as the tree proceeds down the redesign road into year four of the transformation.
View attachment 105720
Its a very nice tree. But i dont really like the pot combination.
Its not bad but im sure you can get a nicer overall image with a different pot perhaps more rectangle

eferguson1974

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have had this tree since 1972. The first tree I obtained after being reborn out of the Army and Viet Nam. I need to get some updated pictures of this tree. We have been through a lot together. It has taught me and I have applied that which I have learned over the years. It keeps changing with me. This photo if from our club show poster from about five years ago. View attachment 105720
Vance, I cant get near that. But I want to thank you for your service in the Army. And for all you do for bonsai!

Top Bottom