My ongoing war with the V.C. rages on.

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hell Mike, that's endless. Sorry to hear it again.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hell Mike, that's endless. Sorry to hear it again.
My trees are just 15 feet away from the woods.
I keep the area clear but once it snows enough and it gets under 0 degrees they start coming.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yikes!
Some of this years fallen.
Them V.C. just skinned them alive.20190505_094526.jpg

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
oooof i feel your pain man, luckily they only claimed a few seedlings of mine this year .. this summer I'm building 2x2x8 jail cells out of hardware cloth and pressure treated 1x1. The cloth will wrap over the wood so they cant just chew thru. Gotta keep these fuckers out. I made some small ones last fall but was really only big enough to house a few trees. Must go bigger this year

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'd be so pissed off!
I was pissed the first time this happened. This time it's my fault thinking they couldnt get under my wall. That's the problem with walls they won't stop determined invader.
I'll get the vole thing wrangled around.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
oooof i feel your pain man, luckily they only claimed a few seedlings of mine this year .. this summer I'm building 2x2x8 jail cells out of hardware cloth and pressure treated 1x1. The cloth will wrap over the wood so they cant just chew thru. Gotta keep these fuckers out. I made some small ones last fall but was really only big enough to house a few trees. Must go bigger this year
The poisoning has already begun.
The cages sound like a good idea.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
funny how that works, I was devastated the first time they took out half my collection, year 2 I was almost as bummed, I literally expect it every year now. Helps soften the blow somehow
I thought I had it under control.
I thought wrong but yeah I've come to expect it.

Top Bottom