My philosophy

GroveKeeper

Shohin
Reaction score
my philosophy is pretty simple. So long as I'm not needlessly killing material, I'll do whatever I want. I'll make trees that look weird. I'll make trees that look ugly.

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

I look at my trees every day and I have no idea what they're going to look like in the future. I prune where it feels right and in a few months, things feel okay. In 10 years I might have a masterpiece... or I might have garbage. Who knows?

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My constraints - do no harm, these are not toys, but life forms.
Treat with love and respect - Health

The shapes, allow for maximum use of sunlight and air entry, often they are attractive.
- Design.

From the Denisovan, Neanderthal, Cro Magnon mix.
And I Chimpus smileth at Jeremy :)

Is it not to dreameth beneath the stars, when I raiseth mine head, whiche laiyeth on pillows of softest peat moss
And mye love Quercus, she touches me with her garment, so greene:rolleyes::);)

Maarten, when you do Bonsai ---------- time has no meaning ................ especially if you start in your teens .......... just know how to efficiently ground grow.o_O:)
Hooo Hoo Ahhhahhh
A n ton e [ I want a nana ]

Reaction score
My constraints - do no harm, these are not toys, but life forms.
Treat with love and respect - Health

The shapes, allow for maximum use of sunlight and air entry, often they are attractive.
- Design.

From the Denisovan, Neanderthal, Cro Magnon mix.
And I Chimpus smileth at Jeremy :)

Is it not to dreameth beneath the stars, when I raiseth mine head, whiche laiyeth on pillows of softest peat moss
And mye love Quercus, she touches me with her garment, so greene:rolleyes::);)

Maarten, when you do Bonsai ---------- time has no meaning ................ especially if you start in your teens .......... just know how to efficiently ground grow.o_O:)
Hooo Hoo Ahhhahhh
A n ton e [ I want a nana ]

Got some hooked up in the ground, it's still shit, but when I'm 100 it will be awesome!
Have a good day, A nana ton e!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Anthony finally found the deep end of the island....

And seemingly jumped directly off!

@jeremy_norbury as evolution goes....its not that Chimps are smarter than humans...humans....mostly on our side! Have regressed.

@GroveKeeper that works...IN FLORIDA!

But it's not about World Class Bonsai if it's not about World Class Bonsai.
We should get nametags!

Sorce

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
@Anthony finally found the deep end of the island....

And seemingly jumped directly off!

@jeremy_norbury as evolution goes....its not that Chimps are smarter than humans...humans....mostly on our side! Have regressed.

@GroveKeeper that works...IN FLORIDA!

But it's not about World Class Bonsai if it's not about World Class Bonsai.
We should get nametags!

Sorce
Finally we agree on something! I agree about whose side the regression occurred on.

jkl2

Sapling
Reaction score
my philosophy is pretty simple. So long as I'm not needlessly killing material, I'll do whatever I want. I'll make trees that look weird. I'll make trees that look ugly.

I look at my trees every day and I have no idea what they're going to look like in the future. I prune where it feels right and in a few months, things feel okay. In 10 years I might have a masterpiece... or I might have garbage. Who knows?

Now THAT is one hell of a philosophy. (I think it's the one the entire world is running on these days.)

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
my philosophy is pretty simple. So long as I'm not needlessly killing material, I'll do whatever I want. I'll make trees that look weird. I'll make trees that look ugly. I really have no idea what I'm doing.
Yeah well, evolution takes generations ;)

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

To each his own, right? I mean, ultimately, this is a hobby for most of us, so do what makes you happy.

eferguson1974

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Were much worse than chimps. They have evolved in a manner that allows them to exist without destroying their world. When there all gone, it will be man's fault.
As far as bonsai goes, I do it because it calls my attention. I just want to keep them alive and as attractive as I can. If I can do that and be happy with the results, thats all the world class I need.. I like them and everyone who comes over seems to like them. Im content with that.

Top Bottom