My pomegranate collection

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
We probably will get 4 - 6" rain water here today! I kept looking this one from my family room and had to take pictures under the rain! I love this tree because its extensive deadwood! The color of deadwood has been changing with the time. I don't use any lime sulfur on pomegranate's deadwood because we don't get much humidity here!

Its left side.
1.png

Its front with only one live vein.
4.png 5.png

Bonhe

Reaction score
Do you ever sell any of the pomegranates? Are these collected by you? Beautiful trees!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't know about that front change, I'd miss the way that right branch looks as it does from current front. This one has such nice branching.
I plan to use that front because the trunk base. The branches will be easily changed.
Bonhe

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I believe, but I thought that pomegranate were difficult to attain such nice branching on that it would be difficult. I know nothing of the pomegranate...but I do love how they present.

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I believe, but I thought that pomegranate were difficult to attain such nice branching on that it would be difficult. I know nothing of the pomegranate...but I do love how they present.
It will be difficult if you don't know how to! ;)
Bonhe

aframe

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Anyone who grows these must appreciate what has been done to make these canopies. This is not an easy species to do this with. Excellent trees Bonhe.

I think the convention is back in Riverside again this year. When I come down we gotta hook up so you can give me one of these, you know, just because I have a pot with balls on it!
How do you create canopies on Poms?

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Most of pomegranates are on the move to the new cycle at this time.
2-4-17.png

I am so excited to see the recovery of my big cuttings last summer!!
Bonhe

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi JudyB, This one is saved for my retirement :)
I like it for its simplicity!
1.png 3.png 6.png 5.png
7.png

It is awake now.
8.png

Bonhe

Reaction score
Do you have any pomegranate for sale or where to buy with the twisted trunk? Love them as bonsai.

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Do you have any pomegranate for sale or where to buy with the twisted trunk? Love them as bonsai.
What's your location? Bent Tree Bonsai in Dallas has some excellent ones. Ray, the owner grows them. Not sure if he ships.

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I may let a few big pomegranates go, but not in the near future. I know someone who has quite a few old twisted trunk but you must be in Southern California to get those.
Bonhe

Reaction score
Wish I lived in Southern California. Any chance they can be convinced to ship? I live in the midwest.

Top Bottom