My Poor Pines

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@Trempie4
Please put your location in your profile so that when you ask questions or talk about your trees, we can know where you are located and give you better advice.

PA_Penjing

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
You nailed it PA! no purple but looks to be a virginiana! I'm down in Balto, where are you up in PA?
Bethlehem is in Eastern PA right on the border with NJ an hour or so above Philly. Virginia pine are native all around me but I have to drive about 45 minutes to an hour to find any. The counties around mine have all been developed so hard there's not a ton of diversity.

Trempie4

Sapling
Reaction score
Bethlehem is in Eastern PA right on the border with NJ an hour or so above Philly. Virginia pine are native all around me but I have to drive about 45 minutes to an hour to find any. The counties around mine have all been developed so hard there's not a ton of diversity.
I'm down in Baltimore and travel from KY/VA though OH, MI, IN and all the way up the Northeast into Canada for my sales gig (when covid permits). I've driven through Bethlehem a hundred times and my favorite cousin did her PhD up at Lehigh. NE PA has truly turned into a suburb of Phili and NJ. Crazy development up there over the past 20-30 years.

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
Pitch pines in my area (NJ Pine Barrens) are literally grown in sand . Just sand and sometimes rocks

Top Bottom