My pots, my plants

ketoi

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
As I alluded to in the other thread I enter a few plants in the Sacramento cactus and succulent show, below are some of my entries in pots I've created recently.

I think this would look better in an oval rather than the round it's in

Pot may be a little small but the shape was intentional

Everyone loved this pot

Another popular pot

Need a pot that is not so distracting

The only true bonsai of the bunch, Ipomoea arborescence.

The pot that started it all, my 1st creation

The vendor potters were very interested in how I made the crack pots

Another popular combination

Yamadori

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ketoi, I like every one of your pots but my favorite is the next to last one. The one with the round succulent. I think the texture of that pot is utterly fascinating. It reminds me of a hollow log that is slowly splitting apart. The pot actually feels like it has tension, as if it could split apart while you watched. It is fantastic.

ketoi

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thanks for the kind comments.

Everyone likes that pot, and it was an experiment gone bad...I thought. Till I put the wash on it, was like a totally different container. Now I have orders to recreate it in larger dimensions.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Ketoi, I like every one of your pots but my favorite is the next to last one. The one with the round succulent. I think the texture of that pot is utterly fascinating. It reminds me of a hollow log that is slowly splitting apart. The pot actually feels like it has tension, as if it could split apart while you watched. It is fantastic.

I agree. It is also my favorite (though that is not to say that I don't like the others) and it looks very organic.

ketoi

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thanks all for the encouragement!!

Boon,
This pottery endevor is addicting, you should see my electric bill! Met a potter at the show that will do gas firings for me, if I can fill the kiln he'll charge me a $80! Going to make some pots specificly for a reduction load, so I stopped by Clay People and purchased 200lbs of various clays.

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
Very cool pots! I was just wondering where you got a photo of my ex girlfriend? The second one looked familiar...

Attachments

• IMG_9744.jpg.jpg
    IMG_9744.jpg.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very cool pots! I was just wondering where you got a photo of my ex girlfriend? The second one looked familiar...

Graydon,

LOL!!!.
Reminds me of a lyric from a Blues Brothers song '...I see every bit of Christmas, and now I'm lookin' straight into the New Year!/I]

Hee Hee:p:rolleyes::eek:

BTW Awesome show Keith, and your blog is great too. You mind if I pm you for a recipe of that S.S. technique?
Rob

Top Bottom