My pride and joy ficus, about a year into training. any tips are appreciated!

glass_shark

Sapling
Reaction score
I've had this one about a year now, I got it from Lowes for around 70$, slapped it in a pot from the thrift store, and now a year later here we are. It's been defoliated once and has grown that growth back to what you see here. Tell me what y'all think!

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very dragon-like feel. Goes well with the pot. If it were mine I would try to get the foliage in tighter, and select and develop the "head" of the dragon.

glass_shark

Sapling
Reaction score
Very dragon-like feel. Goes well with the pot. If it were mine I would try to get the foliage in tighter, and select and develop the "head" of the dragon.
Interesting, I like that Idea a lot. Any tips on making the foliage tighter?

glass_shark

Sapling
Reaction score
Okay I gotcha, I keep it outside on the shadier side of my balcony, I'll try it in the sun and see what happens. I migrated it from a fully inside plant to an outside plant, it's loved it out there so far, my other ficus have too

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Interesting, I like that Idea a lot. Any tips on making the foliage tighter?

As Leo mentioned, full sun will help, also disciplined pruning to create finer and finer ramification will also help!

Once the shoots extend to 5 or 6 leaves, you can cut back to 2 or 3 and it will send out new buds very reliably.

Nice tree!

Top Bottom