My redpot contestent

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Didnt know where the update thread was but i took the time to prune off the remaining stuff i kept on to see if it would survive so now hope its going to survive round two yeah :D

Its a juniperus chinensis stricta needle type juni styled in the candleabra style!

Here a video

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
Niceeeee. I have a couple branches that survived. I'll see if I can get some.pics this weekend and finish up this contest

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
Look like ypur winning. Mine was holding on by a few shoots but gave up the ghost. However the colobluespru despite not being entered cause i couldn't find a tree in there is doing great

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Look like ypur winning. Mine was holding on by a few shoots but gave up the ghost. However the colobluespru despite not being entered cause i couldn't find a tree in there is doing great

To bad next try better lol
My blue spruce has exactly the same story to it

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
Seems to be the problem with them. I have 4 and all of them offer little hope design wise. But I got some good back buds on some so a couple more seasons oughtaaa open up some options

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
... ...Its a juniperus chinensis stricta needle type juni styled in the candleabra style!
Is such a style existing?
Never heard of this before...
The tree isn't looking in absolute healthy condition... or is it my eyes?

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Walter pall has a video discussing the style
I called it candelabra but could also be just a multitrunk im not sure ;)

You see old brown needles yes but it is healthy!
Foliage was all purple due the cold past few days its freezing -7°c now over here

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
pullin needles cutting out old wire and repot in different training pot later this one got bust during a flight from the shelf

Attachments

• 20220303_162949.jpg
    20220303_162949.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 15

Arnold

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B
Yes, they need a lot of work! constantly pluck the dead needles and redirecting the energy between strong and weak zones, that and the fact they are not very friendly with those sharp needles are the reason they are not very popular in bonsai, but I like them 😝

Top Bottom