My RMJ

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
When I first stated bonsai, like most everyone, I though I could grow anything..wrong, I paid my dues, I killed three JWP's before I quit. I love Amercan yamadori conifers so, I bought an RMJ and my friend Kirby told me to leave it alone for a couple years, right. I worked on it the first year and killed it. Then I started out with a small ponderosa and it lived, so I found out Ponderosa do well here, now I have several. Since my horticultural skills have improved a little over the years, I decided to try another RMJ and leave it along like Kirby said. Here is the results when you listen to your more knowledgeable friends. If you live in the south midwest and want a RMJ, don't be afraid to try one, just leave it alone and let it acclimate for a few years. Maybe it will get styled next year, marco's call.

keep it green,
Harry

Attachments

• rmj2.jpg
    rmj2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 145
  • rmj.JPG
    rmj.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 142

DaveV

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Hey Harry, Have you ever tried cedar elms? That may be a good D-tree for you to consider. I know D-trees are difficult to grow in your area but cedar elms grow in TX pretty well.

DaveV.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Hey Harry, Have you ever tried cedar elms? That may be a good D-tree for you to consider. I know D-trees are difficult to grow in your area but cedar elms grow in TX pretty well.

DaveV.

Yeah, I've had a couple of Cedar Elms, tough trees, just no movement and shari, my two favorite things on a tree.

keep it green,
Harry

Martin Sweeney

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Harry,

Nice juniper. May I ask a few questions?
How long have you had it in Oklahoma?
Do you know where it was collected?

Regards,
Martin

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Harry,

Nice juniper. May I ask a few questions?
How long have you had it in Oklahoma?
Do you know where it was collected?

Regards,
Martin

I've had it one year and it was collected the fall of 2008. I may have to wait one more year to have Marco style it.

keep it green,
Harry

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
Looking good Harry. I really like that one! Interesting how the foliage turned so blue. usually see that alot on Sierra Juniper, but not w/ RMJ.

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very nice Harry. I believe in leaving collected trees alone for a couple years. Good job, thats going to be a killer RMJ for sure.

Top Bottom