My Shohin Collection ....

Reaction score
Portland, Oregon, United States of America
USDA Zone
9b
Just retired 3 weeks ago and have a chance to take photos of my Pyracantha showing lots of berries. They are ready for bonsai show but nothing is near in the future.
Enjoy the berries now before the birds eat them or squirrel will do damage just to pissed me off.. Fall is good time to do major shaping again and significant cutback....
Congratulations on your retirement sir! Now you'll have more time to post beautiful pictures of your trees. ;) I really like those yellow pots. I might have to do a yellow or two this weekend at my pottery class.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Just retired 3 weeks ago and have a chance to take photos of my Pyracantha showing lots of berries. They are ready for bonsai show but nothing is near in the future.
Enjoy the berries now before the birds eat them or squirrel will do damage just to pissed me off.. Fall is good time to do major shaping again and significant cutback....
Just for clarification my friend...

Did you retire from your "other" job? Or your bonsai job? (Based on what I know about you I am assuming the former but we haven't talked in a while)

Reaction score
Just for clarification my friend...

Did you retire from your "other" job? Or your bonsai job? (Based on what I know about you I am assuming the former but we haven't talked in a while)
Retired from US Postal Service and work there for 36 yrs... Now, i can concentrate on Bonsai, Ceramics and Photography 24/7 and can travel anywhere they want me...

Reaction score
I haven't posted for a while but wanted to share some of my flowering Ume's and it's one of my favorites.

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 222
  • YJ3A3800a.JPG
    YJ3A3800a.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 146
  • e.JPG
    e.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 133
  • d2.JPG
    d2.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 133
  • d1.JPG
    d1.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 130
  • d.JPG
    d.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 128
  • c.JPG
    c.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 123
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 123
  • aa.JPG
    aa.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 142

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
As always a delight to see your post! I’ve always been a sucker for the pink with white variation. Thanks friend for sharing these gorgeous little gems.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Just beautiful, thanks!

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
For some odd reason this is my 1st time seeing this thread

HOWEVER…

I have seen your trees before by YouTubers who go travelling and one or 2 have stopped by your house to do a video

Truly beautiful and certainly very inspiring

Top Bottom