My Shohin Collection ....

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
This is how I trained my seedlings, twisted them while they are young...
View attachment 175189
Fantastic- thanks for sharing! This is massively helpful to those of us developing stock from young seedlings and cuttings.. I have twisted mine up a bit but have been concerned about breaking them. Seeing yours shows me I can go harder, and using rafia is probably wise!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Stunning! I too missed it. And will have to go back through this thread to see all your trees. Just scrumptious they are! Well put together display...from my eyes. Thanks for mentioning the species as well. I thought the one may have been a goji. ?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thanks to all the likers and of course your compliments is greatly appreciated .... You guys Rocks!!!!

Boston Ivy, Blackpine, Ficus Nerifolia, Blackpine , Blackpine, Blackpine
View attachment 81473 View attachment 81474 View attachment 81475 View attachment 81476 View attachment 81477 View attachment 81478
Your Boston Ivy...is lovely! I have never came across it in google images. Love it! Curious if any photos of it dormant...off to go through all your photos to see if it maybe in there somewhere.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
My Shohin display at Winter silhouette at Baikoen Bonsai Club January 2018

Top : Korean Hornbeam
Middle : Chinese Elm - Princess Persimmon
Bottom : English Hawthorne - Trident Maple
Accent : Boston Ivy

View attachment 175047
BAM! THERE IT IS!!! The Boston Ivy I asked earlier about if you had a dormant photo. ? Love seeing what's underneath.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thank you @maria kapra for taking the time to share such an amazing collection with us. It was an honor just looking through this thread.

I have a mame Boston Ivy...so yours intrigued me. Rare to find good specimens.
I also have a goji...do they not back bud? Trying to decide a good direction to take with the two I have. My biggest hurdle...as of yet...I can't get them to readily back bud.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Always such a treat, and an inspiration. Is that a crabapple in the cream bag pot? It's wonderful!

Top Bottom