My Social Isolation Relief Box

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I recently won an ebay bougie from Wigert's for $5. I figured since I was paying shipping already, I might as well make a few additions. It arrived today, the day after our governor extended the "stay at home" order until May 31st. Cheered me up a little. The bougie, rabbit's foot acacia, singapore holly and water jasmine.silhoutte bougie.jpgacacia.jpgsingapore holly.jpgwater jasmine.jpg Pl

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have never been disappointed in anything I've received from Wigert's
+1 I wish they were in Ohio and had more cold hardy stuff. I have Cryptomyra, TX Cedar Elm and Chinese Elm from them living well up here. Maybe a couple more I forgot.
Next year I want one of their Bald Cypress Logs/stumps in the back of my truck for the trip home.

Sorry you're stuck another month. Your state may be the smart one. We'll find out.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pretty sure there's not going to be anyone to actually let us out.

How long do you think they have future news casts recorded for?

We could be in for months while they're all dug underground.

Bogus. Bogie! Bonus!

Sorce

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Pretty sure there's not going to be anyone to actually let us out.

How long do you think they have future news casts recorded for?

We could be in for months while they're all dug underground.

Bogus. Bogie! Bonus!

Sorce
DAMN! Prerecorded future newscasts! LUVVIT!
Cept you're on the watchlist now.

I hope they don't mess with your roots!
:oops:o_O🤪🤬

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice! Our club is not meeting until June likely, so I've been hurting for some tree time also. I started a small facebook contest to encourage people to show their trees. I also have been filming my spring work on Reddit Public Access - Bonsai in quarantine!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Amazingly, I heard no snide nor any comments at all from my husband about the big box filled with packing peanuts sitting in the kitchen. I usually dispose of the boxes, but didn't have a chance. I think he sensed my frustration at our current situation and since I cook for him and also have access to some rather harmful chemicals, he didn't comment. 😉

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I recently won an ebay bougie from Wigert's for $5. I figured since I was paying shipping already, I might as well make a few additions. It arrived today, the day after our governor extended the "stay at home" order until May 31st. Cheered me up a little. The bougie, rabbit's foot acacia, singapore holly and water jasmine.View attachment 298276View attachment 298277View attachment 298278View attachment 298279 Plfour
NICE SELECTION, SIMPLE PLEASURES, IMPORTANT DIVERSIONS!
Our meetings have also been cancelled for several months now and in the foreseeable future! Has not affected me as much since I have been in recovery from major back surgery and unable to take part in any Bonsai activities. Warmer weather and a bit of mobility is quickly changing that after six or seven weeks of recovery. Happy to be on an acreage with lots of room. Managed a repot the other day and a double thread graft today. Things are looking up! Retail therapy is limited to a new bonsai book on the way. Bonsai Heresy by Michael Hagedorn, illustrated by none other than MACH5.
Next project up is handling the watering for the nursery now that my helper is finished covering for me over the past two months. Need to do it without lifting more than 10 lbs or twisting or bending according to doctors orders! Piece of cake! right!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
NICE SELECTION, SIMPLE PLEASURES, IMPORTANT DIVERSIONS!
Our meetings have also been cancelled for several months now and in the foreseeable future! Has not affected me as much since I have been in recovery from major back surgery and unable to take part in any Bonsai activities. Warmer weather and a bit of mobility is quickly changing that after six or seven weeks of recovery. Happy to be on an acreage with lots of room. Managed a repot the other day and a double thread graft today. Things are looking up! Retail therapy is limited to a new bonsai book on the way. Bonsai Heresy by Michael Hagedorn, illustrated by none other than MACH5.
Next project up is handling the watering for the nursery now that my helper is finished covering for me over the past two months. Need to do it without lifting more than 10 lbs or twisting or bending according to doctors orders! Piece of cake! right!
Best of luck for your recovery! Thanks for all of the helpful advice you share here.

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Newest addition, dwarf pom. View attachment 303771
Hi Carol 83,
You should let the tree acclimated first prior to any work . If I were you , I would remove the fruit now to save the tree energy and to reduce stress in new environment. I would not change the soil at this time. If the drainage is not good, you can use the chopstick to push into the soil in multiple places. If the tree is fine in a month, you can start fertilizing it with organic fertilizer this year..
Good luck to you .
Thụ Thoại

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Random impulse buy. Two cotoneasters. I've been reading up on them a little, says to repot in the spring but is it too late? They are in tall nursery containers and I would just like to put them in shallower acrylic pots, not mess with the roots. cotoneaster.jpgcotoneaster 2.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice Pom!

We are going to have to edit the title to make boxes plural!
Or just keep adding, after box, after box, after box!

Awesome!

Sorce

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Nice Pom!

We are going to have to edit the title to make boxes plural!
Or just keep adding, after box, after box, after box!

Awesome!

Sorce
I know, 🤫 I've been bored. 😇

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Top Bottom