My stone collection.......

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I like Chinese viewing stones, they are much cheaper than Suiseki if you have to buy them like I do, not to many stones to collect in Oklahoma. The neat thing about Chinese viewing stones, everyone sees someting different in them if you study them for a while. I posted them over at the Vault, read the posts from the bottom up. Here is my one stone collected in the US, it's from the EEL river.

keep it green,
Harry

http://bonsaivaultforum.freeforums.org/viewing-stones-f71.html

Attachments

• EEL RIVER.jpg
    EEL RIVER.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

M.B.

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What, no Murphy's stone? And you call yourself a red blooded American? Sacrilege and outrage!
Just messin with ya Harry. The only reason I have any Murphy stones is because I went and collected them one day last year with some members of my bonsai club. I haven't seen any reason to purchase a Murphy's stone when I can go walk around the California hillsides about an hour and a half away, and maybe find some for free.
I've got to get up to the Eel river one of these days. I've seen some beautiful stones from there, including yours.
I bought a Chinese stone from e-bay a few months ago. I don't usually buy suiseki on e-bay but this one was talking to me. It looks like tops of mountains or castles in the clouds.
Mary B.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like Chinese viewing stones, they are much cheaper than Suiseki if you have to buy them like I do, not to many stones to collect in Oklahoma. The neat thing about Chinese viewing stones, everyone sees someting different in them if you study them for a while. I posted them over at the Vault, read the posts from the bottom up. Here is my one stone collected in the US, it's from the EEL river.

keep it green,
Harry

http://bonsaivaultforum.freeforums.org/viewing-stones-f71.html

That stone comes from Ken Mccloud, and I don't think it comes from the Eel river. It comes from the sierra side of the central valley and is a spot that many suiseki hunters including myself wish we knew where it was.

You can go to Ken McClouds web site and see many stones like this. Most of Ken's stones are cut.

Last edited:

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
That stone comes from Ken Mccloud, and I don't think it comes from the Eel river. It comes from the sierra side of the central valley and is a spot that many suiseki hunters including myself knew where it was.

You can go to Ken McClouds web site and see many stones like this. Most of Ken's stones are cut.

Thanks for the straight skinny BigAl, he told me that was where he collected it, maybe he didn't want me to know his favorite fishing hole...........

keep it green,
Harry

Jgsbonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
Ken has told me about collecting these stones and I think he gets them in the Trinity Alps region of Northen California. I have a stone I got from him that is just beautiful. The colors on these stones are very striking. I think that these are very good quality stones, other than being cut. The quality is much better than the average Chinease viewing stone.

Gareth

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Can anyone provide a link to Ken McCloud's web site that is mentioned above?

BonsaiWes

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice stone! I like the overall shape and the waterfall very mucho!!

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Mojosan, did you not know the basic premis of being a salesmen???????

Answer - There is an ass for every seat.;)

No Harry I'm not, not at all.:)

Top Bottom