My strawberry guava tree.

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you. Looks like a lot of good info here.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice. Nice work on the tree. I just regular green Guava fruits. Do your fruits mature at about the size of a medium strawberry?

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank's JudyB
Yes the fruits are about the size of a medium strawberry. They drop when they are ready to eat.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice!

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm a big fan of twin trunks also. I have a twin trunk sweet gum tree also.

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Real juicy. Little tart when ripe. Has a unique taste.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
What does the fruit taste like? Been looking at buying a guava.
If you buy a regular green Guava. Usually about the size of a tennis ball. The taste is somewhat like a combination of a apple and a pear both which are before really ripe. Texture is closest to a greenish pear. I eat it all....skin, pulp and seeds. But sometimes I carve out the seeds and just eat the skin and pulp. I'm not a fan of the seeds. Guava tastes great either room temperature or chilled.....really good fruit.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
If you buy a regular green Guava. Usually about the size of a tennis ball. The taste is somewhat like a combination of a apple and a pear both which are before really ripe. Texture is closest to a greenish pear. I eat it all....skin, pulp and seeds. But sometimes I carve out the seeds and just eat the skin and pulp. I'm not a fan of the seeds. Guava tastes great either room temperature or chilled.....really good fruit.
Good information, its a shame they are hard to find even online for a reasonable price.

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Sometimes....Guava can be found in Asian food markets.
Was about to say that myself.

Or you can get guava juice there year round. Most Spanish stores stock the juice too.

I personally like the juice better.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
My favorite is fresh Guava eaten with iced Vietnamese coffee. We're probably stepping a ways away from the tree topic.

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Tieball's description of what it taste like sounds perfect. The seeds to me seem like steel ball bearing. May just be my tree? Super hard.

Top Bottom