My Tamarind tree

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
If that's the only light it's going to get it'll struggle. I can't imagine you get a whole lot of sun in Colorado in the winter.

J. Adrian

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
If that's the only light it's going to get it'll struggle. I can't imagine you get a whole lot of sun in Colorado in the winter.

Its a south facing window with loads of light coming through. I also do the dance with this a shefflera and 2 ficus.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I've spent a few weeks in Colorado. My cousin is a weather reporter for FOX News out of Denver. They can have all four seasons in one day. Not at all unusual to have 70s in the afternoon, and drop to 20's at night with a foot of snow. Then have it all melt the next day. Wild swings in weather are normal for the front range.

Nice tree. If you are home in time to do the in and out dance, you probably can get it outside into sun, maybe 2 or 3 days a week for much of the winter. Of course, at night the temps quickly plunge below freezing, so be careful to not forget to bring it back inside before sundown.

Last edited:

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
My cousin's stage name is "Nick Carter" he is semi retired from TV now. But if you run into him at a "promo" tell him you know me. He'll have a weird wise crack response for you. What ever he says about me is not really true. Really. He is one of the fun cousins.

J. Adrian

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
My cousin's stage name is "Nick Carter" he is semi retired from TV now. But if you run into him at a "promo" tell him you know me. He'll have a weird wise crack response for you. What ever he says about me is not really true. Really. He is one of the fun cousins.

Sorry for the

Fox news, I am going to have to look him up.
As far as the weather it has been mild throughout December and this month, if I'm home I'll take them out for as long as temps allow.
For now 4 larger tropical trees and 3 medium ones work well enough. Most are on SE facing windows.20180102_161747.jpg 20180106_072713.jpg

Top Bottom