My thanks to all the great members!

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am finally inside my house on a rainy day, and thought I am overdue in expressing my gratitude to all the great people on this site. I surely am not the most internet savvy guy, so I was very happy when I came across this forum. So many people here take great time and effort to share knowledge, passion, humour, and a little frustration! I know my enjoyment of this hobby has increased with a resource and community like the one I see here. I haven't posted a lot, I am still pretty slow with the whole computer thing! So I will take the time to share some of my "project" trees with all of you here, hopefully some may spark an interest with you! IMG_2591.JPG IMG_2598.JPG IMG_2607.JPG IMG_2614.JPG IMG_2617.JPG IMG_2629.JPG

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I agree, nice little projects and lots to learn from them. Welcome to BNut and Have fun!

Alain

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I love all your projects, good luck with the acacia it looks really cool! :cool:

And Go Habs Go btw!:)

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Nice trees! This forum has been a HUGEE resource for me. Its been a bit over 2 years now since I've been into the hobby and the amount of trees, quality of trees, and quality of my work has greatly increased in part from the information I've been able to get from others.

I have a lot of promising projects lined up for next spring, way better than compared to when I first got in the hobby.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I love the spruces..

But I really dig that pine in the aluminum duct tape pot.
Sweet!

Sorce

The pitch pine is one of my favorites! It shows great bark at a fairly young age. I know the pot looks pretty slummy eh!
The Colorado spruce is a fun one, I have been growing it in the ground for some years, slowly thinning the branches and foliage. The other fat spruce was one I scraped of a boulder this spring, it has a pretty great base!
Thanks for showing interest bro!

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I love all your projects, good luck with the acacia it looks really cool! :cool:

And Go Habs Go btw!:)
Merci Alain, I am loving the false acacia it is one tough tree! It got its start when my elderly belgian neighbor chopped the top off it! Les Habs are a year round passion here!

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Nice projects! That's a cool little locust you have, I've got one in the ground thickening up at the moment, trunk has gone from about 1" diameter to nearly 2" in only one growing season, it's already almost healed it's first chop!

Aaron

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice trees! This forum has been a HUGEE resource for me. Its been a bit over 2 years now since I've been into the hobby and the amount of trees, quality of trees, and quality of my work has greatly increased in part from the information I've been able to get from others.

I have a lot of promising projects lined up for next spring, way better than compared to when I first got in the hobby.
I completely agree about how from when you start the hobby, to a couple years in your eye becomes much more discerning. I must say a big part of my enjoyment in this hobby is collecting, heading out to find some treasures really adds to a love of hiking!

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice projects! That's a cool little locust you have, I've got one in the ground thickening up at the moment, trunk has gone from about 1" diameter to nearly 2" in only one growing season, it's already almost healed it's first chop!

Aaron
They are pretty amazing trees! I cut a few large acacias in my yard, and used the trunks as garden edging. One of the trunk sections sprouted branches and grew for the whole summer!

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
Nice collection of projects. The pine and the spruce in the first group of pics look great. I've got some Colo blue spruce but Im having a heck of a time chasing buds back down the branches. All part of the fun though. I know exactly what not to do next year.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice collection of projects. The pine and the spruce in the first group of pics look great. I've got some Colo blue spruce but Im having a heck of a time chasing buds back down the branches. All part of the fun though. I know exactly what not to do next year.
I have been taking my time with the Colorado, I still have a bunch of branches to remove. It seems to me that if you get gòod light into the interior, it will bud. I think people like @base797 have good experience with them. Best of luck!

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
That blue spruce will be a killer... Nice collection.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That blue spruce will be a killer... Nice collection.
Thanks dude! I am hoping I will have good results, it has a nice fat base on it! I am trying some new things with this one, I placed a bunch of white quartz in the roots when I took it out of the ground. Time will tell...

Top Bottom