My ..um...display area. Yeah that's it.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
At least you have the trees all single on your planks. I've seen folks with so many trees and cuttings, all in a jumble, so much that you really can't see what any of the trees look like. I just don't get that.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Its-something.jpg

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
At least you have the trees all single on your planks. I've seen folks with so many trees and cuttings, all in a jumble, so much that you really can't see what any of the trees look like. I just don't get that.
Me neither.
The good thing about this set up is that it can be taken down relatively fast. And addin to it for more space is pretty easy.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Looks better when a weed whacker and lawn mower are applied. Well, the grass does.
I was just joking, I have basically a table with 4 trees on it... all the rest are at my teachers place until november when I move.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Quite a collection...I admire that you can see your collection. As for the buckets...it's functional. I'm sure when your out admiring your bonsai...those buckets are not the focal point of your attention anyways. ;) I do admire being able to see what you have...and they aren't all jumbled together as Judy stated.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was just joking, I have basically a table with 4 trees on it... all the rest are at my teachers place until november when I move.

I know Max No offense taken.
To me it isn't about the benches at all. It's all about the trees. And fun.

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Looks good, if I had had buckets I would have used them, I had to buy cinder blocks. I like that they are all in one place which probably makes watering a breeze. My back yard is not so big so they are spread all over, sometimes watering is a chore, especially if I am in a hurry.

John

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks good, if I had had buckets I would have used them, I had to buy cinder blocks. I like that they are all in one place which probably makes watering a breeze. My back yard is not so big so they are spread all over, sometimes watering is a chore, especially if I am in a hurry.

John

Watering is a breeze. Just stand there and let fly. Hence all of the deep green grass.
I would also like to apoligize to all of our members out west who are on water restrictions. You poor people have to conserve every drop.
Me? Not so much!

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
The thing with bonsai or even gardening is that it is nice that you can do whatever you want to do. Make it real simple, trees growing in plain flower pots or in the ground, trees on shelves and benches or go all out and create a special display area. Its all about what you like to do and to what extent you want to go. It makes me feel good when you see someone doing what they like and enjoy. Mine is even more basic and I try not to make a job of it. Good show Mike!

Jamie

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Frary, c'mon, admit it. You've got 'em lined up like an audience. Me thinks "someone " might be practicing stand-up, spoken word or, gasp......pole dancing!!! I rent as well, but share a backyard with the owners. So the damn tree has to be in something nice to put it out. You'll just have to watch out for Rupert's "turdsai"..............:oops::eek::mad::(:cool:

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Rupert's "turdsai"..
I'd like to be able to make something out of those.
He is building what I refer to as Poo Poo City on the neighbors property though. Got a regular metropolis going there too!
And have you seen me? I would make people gasp allright if I were pole dancing. Maybe even their last gasp if they didn't go blind first.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I'd recommend staining one bucket dark walnut and using it as a stand for a nice cascade at a national show.
Exactly! Like this nice eleagnus at the Nationals. Notice how the cardboard box compliments the paper plate under the accent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 61

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Ahh not so bad. Mine are on a lean to bench made of some old pallets. Very functional; water and soil doesnt collect on top.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
In lieu of a pole, howwza' bout a Civil War cannon? Should be enough to support your sturdy frame.....

Top Bottom