My Ume I'm showing at BIB this weekend

Cenovak

Seedling
Reaction score
In person, the deadwood looks like a dragon. Four legs, wings, etc. the lighting for the photograph doesnt do it justice. Mach, the carving is deeper than it appears. They took professional pictures of it today. I'll see if I can get one they took and share it.

But, I will agree that the carving will look more natural as it ages. I just did this in October. Let's give it time to age and darken naturally. I only had time to spend about 30 minutes carving it, and I'd rather leave more wood on than take too much off. Especially on my first attempt.

By the way, I mentioned to Boon that the majority of the comments I've received about the display is that the trees are reversed. His response was that, yes, some might see it that way. But it really didn't matter. The primary focus of this display should be the flowers. I will say that the comments I heard from the people attending the show, seeing the display in person, most commented on the flowers. Very few mentioned they thought the tree was situated upon the wrong side. I think a lot of the depth is missing in the 2D photograph.

This display is the center display on the table, with other displays on each side of it. That might also lessen the "movement" issue.

Sorce, what other display table would you have chosen?

Top Bottom