my Ume

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Have you ever thought about cutting the top back as hard as you could? Make it a bit more compact.

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Have you ever thought about cutting the top back as hard as you could? Make it a bit more compact.
I will not try to make a flower tree more compact. In my opinion, the flowers or fruits will be highly appreciated when it is scattered on the tree and the whole tree is looked more elegant !
Bonhe

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
wow, the photos look so good now! Thanks for sharing your lovely flowers!

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I love this stage of the flower the most, fleeting as it may be. How does this one smell?
In spite of small size, it still fragrant!
wow, the photos look so good now! Thanks for sharing your lovely flowers!
Thanks sister. I think my photography ability is the same! I just have to get the effort to get the good background for the subject! :)
Bonhe

D

Deleted member 21616

Hi @bonhe

I just read through this thread, thank you for sharing and for all the information!

Can I please ask - I noticed on page 5 especially that you have flowering from old wood, but I am reading many places that these trees only flower from new growth. I was wondering if you could provide any insight here?

Thank you
Derek

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi @bonhe

I just read through this thread, thank you for sharing and for all the information!

Can I please ask - I noticed on page 5 especially that you have flowering from old wood, but I am reading many places that these trees only flower from new growth. I was wondering if you could provide any insight here?

Thank you
Derek
You are welcome Derek
If the tree is strong and has an extensive pruning in previous growing season, it could send out the flowers on the old wood.
Thụ Thoại

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
“Chúc mừng năm mới “ Happy New Year to all of Vietnamese fellows on this forum.
BAE5C2E0-63DE-49AE-8BDC-11BFDFE00AEE.jpegI. 07AD4785-4220-4BEF-BEC7-2DACAF96BD1A.jpeg

This ume was almost in full bloom yesterday ( Vietnamese New Year eve )
6D18262B-68B2-440C-88D0-BB0C19C43C1A.jpeg A755A84D-4AF4-4088-A686-494A8D021A01.jpeg

It has been placed in the house for New Year decoration! The whole house is full of fragrance! This morning.
248306AF-95F6-4A9E-9338-C168D8C21B46.jpeg 4DFF28BA-055B-4526-AADE-56D1D837FCC0.jpeg

9FBEAB82-45FD-4A7C-A01A-F267AFA625A4.jpeg 0320418B-67FC-4924-B60D-C2A8C7450FAC.jpeg5AB0C3D8-2746-4E2A-81FE-12E0CE600EE7.jpeg

Thụ Thoại

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
What a perfect way to start your new year. Such lovely blooms, and photos! Happy New Year Brother.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Happy New Year to all of Vietnamese fellows on this forum.

What? You don't wish me a happy new year?...:confused:

😄 Happy new year to you Thụ Thoại

PS: even in France the celebration (the "Têt"?...) was cancelled in Bordeaux because of a case of this new virus was found.

I hope you and yours will be safe from the fires, floods and viruses and that 2020 will bring lots of fruits.

I know it's not Vietnamese-American but Chinese-American, but the last film I saw was great and it means something to me and I'm sure it can mean something to others. A beautiful film. I went to see it with a friend that lost her mother and her younger sister in the past 6 months. And it's not "exotic", it's just the way people from different cultures, different backgrounds can look et a crucial moment in life, and it can tell someone a lot.

Life is beautiful.

Có thể năm con chuột mang lại cho bạn hạnh phúc và thịnh vượng

Goodle translation from the French, it must be awkward, but I wish you happiness and prosperity :cool:

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What a perfect way to start your new year. Such lovely blooms, and photos! Happy New Year Brother.
Thanks Sister.
Yes, I think I started having a good year 😊
Thụ Thoại

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What? You don't wish me a happy new year?...:confused:

😄 Happy new year to you Thụ Thoại

PS: even in France the celebration (the "Têt"?...) was cancelled in Bordeaux because of a case of this new virus was found.

I hope you and yours will be safe from the fires, floods and viruses and that 2020 will bring lots of fruits.

I know it's not Vietnamese-American but Chinese-American, but the last film I saw was great and it means something to me and I'm sure it can mean something to others. A beautiful film. I went to see it with a friend that lost her mother and her younger sister in the past 6 months. And it's not "exotic", it's just the way people from different cultures, different backgrounds can look et a crucial moment in life, and it can tell someone a lot.

Life is beautiful.

Có thể năm con chuột mang lại cho bạn hạnh phúc và thịnh vượng

Goodle translation from the French, it must be awkward, but I wish you happiness and prosperity :cool:
Thank you very much AlainK.
Yes, it is terrible situation in China at this time. I wish every thing will be under control soon there !
You are correct . Tết means the period around the 1st day of the new year. It starts from the 23 rd day of last month of the year and ends at the 10th day of the 1st month of the year.

Thanks for the link . I will watch it later on.
Thụ Thoại

Top Bottom