My wire storage solution

Sansui

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I was getting frustrated storing the bulk of my bonsai wire in boxes so I spent some time contemplating a low cost solution and this is what I came up with:

P1010124-768x1024.jpg

The high capacity wire holder rotates, holds up to twelve 1Kg rolls of aluminum wire and is very easy to re-load.

Material and construction details can be found at my website, graciebonsai.com

Sansui

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Good one! Hey, I like that model! It appears to be air conditioned and biodegradable! Does it come in an XLT size?

lazlott

Seed
Reaction score
I was getting frustrated storing the bulk of my bonsai wire in boxes so I spent some time contemplating a low cost solution and this is what I came up with:

P1010124-768x1024.jpg

The high capacity wire holder rotates, holds up to twelve 1Kg rolls of aluminum wire and is very easy to re-load.

I, t

P1010124-768x1024.jpg

[/QUOTE

I, too, have been looking for a portable solution to wire storage/dispensing.
This one I made from a 3 1/2” outside diameter length of PVC pipe with a cap on one end and a metal chopstick inserted through holes drilled through the diameter of the other end.423306BF-4E44-4406-B2F0-4F1FEB2911E5.jpeg The roll separators are circular plastic grids (from Jo Ann’s Fabrics) which make it simple to cut out their centers. The (prototype) supports are 11” squares of doubled corrugated cardboard with 3&1/2” holes cut on center. They’ll be replaced with 10” squares of 3/4” plywood or laminated shelving.
Cost of materials: about $35

P1010124-768x1024.jpg

I, too, have been looking for a portable solution to wire storage/dispensing.
This one I made from a 3&1/2” outside diameter length of PVC pipe with a cap on one end and a chopstick inserted through holes drilled through the diameter of the other end. The plastic discs separating the wire rolls are circular grids from JoAnne’s Fabrics which make it simple to cut out their centers. The prototype cardboard supports will be replaced by 10” squares of 3/4” plywood or laminated shelving.
Cost of materials is about $35.423306BF-4E44-4406-B2F0-4F1FEB2911E5.jpeg

Top Bottom