Mystery bonsai tree

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Wondered if anyone knew of this bonsai tree and what species it could be, i came across it a while back reading a link about the disney tree of life, id been wanting to style one of my Olives like the tree from disney and then saw this great little tree.
this is the link http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2012/06/tree_of_life_at_disneys_animal.html

and this is the tree
Tree%20of%20Life%2008a_1.jpg

Could this tree be a burning bush?! The leaves and red berries/pods looks very similar to tree in the below link:
http://walter-pall.de/Bonsai Gallery of Walter Pall/1 Gallery Broadleaved Trees/Other - Euonymus nr. 2/index.html#2014-09-R2C_4342ofw.jpg

Disney tree of life
The-Tree-of-Life.jpg

Last edited:

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Looks like a trident maple to me.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It's really hard to tell from this photo, but with enlargement of the image, the leaves appear to be entire, basically pointed oval shapes with no lobes, and if so, not trident, and probably not mulberry. The leaves appear to be rounder, wider relative to length, compared to Walter's Euonymus. Anybody here know this tree?
Oliver

vaibatron

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
On another note.. I've heard rumors that Disneys tree of life is, in fact, not living...

Just saying...

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
On another note.. I've heard rumors that Disneys tree of life is, in fact, not living...

Just saying...

Haha funny, the link i posted explains exactly how it was made.
Doesnt take away from the fact it looks just like an old Olive...
Screen%20Shot%202012-06-22%20at%203_27_24%20AM1.png

Mike123

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I could be mistaken but after zooming in on the leaves it seems the berries are not berries. Looks like photo shop red dots to me. Like I said I could be wrong.
Mike

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-05-19-21-22.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-05-19-21-22.png
    638 KB · Views: 33

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have hired a female professional tree doctor at the bunker, Winterspring Summerfall. She will be a big help. She set me straight on the berries, I was wrong on red berry foemina, no such thing. This could be a more rare plant, the oval leaf deciduous foemina.

Reaction score
I believe it actually might be Adam ' s Bougainvillea.
The red what are assumed are berries are actually if so the colored brachs just beginning to come in.

Reaction score
20130708-182427.jpg
It is Adam Lavigne ' s Bougainvillea
I believe this also was from the same year, it was expected to be cold so most of the rest of us who entered bougies and some tropicals were told they were not picked due to concerns over this cold... Adam is a good friend and it's an awesome tree, but ain't that a bitch? Kinda hate when folks can't get their act together...

Nonetheless the Epcot Flower and Garden show is an awesome show, and worth a vacation down! And Adam is doing a great job with a very large and difficult piece of material!

Last edited:

Arcto

Chumono
Reaction score
Trunk at bottom seems to be a match. Gonna have to go with Sawgrass.

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I believe it actually might be Adam ' s Bougainvillea.
The red what are assumed are berries are actually if so the colored brachs just beginning to come in.
If your talking adam from Florida I was thinking the exact same thing.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
View attachment 85896
It is Adam Lavigne ' s Bougainvillea
I believe this also was from the same year, it was expected to be cold so most of the rest of us who entered bougies and some tropicals were told they were not picked due to concerns over this cold... Adam is a good friend and it's an awesome tree, but ain't that a bitch? Kinda hate when folks can't get their act together...

Nonetheless the Epcot Flower and Garden show is an awesome show, and worth a vacation down! And Adam is doing a great job with a very large and difficult piece of material!
Thanks for the heads up folks, its a fantastic piece of material and looks even better close up! amazing the power of the internet! Im a fan of Bougies too, some great specimens on the net, not readily available in the UK and probably wont do so well in the climate, one was a available on Kaizen a few weeks ago and it went within hours..
So the author of the link i posted, thinks this tree could of been used to style the Disney Tree of life, thats saying something about the tree, very inspiring.

Top Bottom