Mystery tree in our dumpster.

QuintinBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was taking our trash out this morning, and discovered a tree that had been thrown out by our maintenance keepers. I scratched at the bark, and it is still very green, but the roots however are very dry. Does this mean this tree will die? It has an awesome nebari though. I wanted to try and save it so I placed it in a container, and gave it a good potting mix soil. I have no idea what tree it might be. I do know that another portion of it had thorns. I would post a picture, but since it has no foliage, I doubt it's identification. My main concern are the roots. Is there any chance it could be revived?

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Its chances of survival highly depends on the type of tree you have. I am sorry if my answer is as vague as your clue as to what it is you got.

For this, you just need to wait. Give it a couple of months and see what happens. Good luck!

QuintinBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
When scratched it has a strong smell of lemon. Like it could be a citrus tree of some sort. I'm not sure how well citrus trees do for bonsai, but we'll see in due time.

DSC01915.jpgDSC01916.jpg

Top Bottom