Mystery tree

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Any idea on what this tree is? It is located at a Rest Stop on Hwy 90 west near the town of Sabenow, TX...Seeds are see thru.
Irene

Attachments

• P1000976-1.jpg
    P1000976-1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 96
  • P1000977-1.jpg
    P1000977-1.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 87
  • P1000978-1.jpg
    P1000978-1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 69
  • P1040484-1.jpg
    P1040484-1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 66
  • P1040485-1.jpg
    P1040485-1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 52

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
a virtual walkin talkin bonsai enclopedia. RockM do you have all that stored in memory or do you have time to research these things. :D

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"a virtual walkin talkin bonsai enclopedia. RockM do you have all that stored in memory or do you have time to research these things."

Not really. I just recognized the berries.

This tree is a Texas native. I've traveled inside the state for 40 years or more and driven through a lot of it. I've got relatives from Dallas, to Tyler, to Houston and Orange.

I've been interested in animals and plants (trees in particular) for a long time --even before I started doing bonsai. I read and observe mostly to learn.

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
"a virtual walkin talkin bonsai enclopedia. RockM do you have all that stored in memory or do you have time to research these things."

Not really. I just recognized the berries.

This tree is a Texas native. I've traveled inside the state for 40 years or more and driven through a lot of it. I've got relatives from Dallas, to Tyler, to Houston and Orange.

I've been interested in animals and plants (trees in particular) for a long time --even before I started doing bonsai. I read and observe mostly to learn.

I appreciate your knowledge!
Nice to know that I am not the only one who is always observing the trees, plants and critters of wherever I go...
Irene

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone

When I visited Thailand a few years ago, I remember that I drove my wife crazy because it took us 30 minutes to walk a streetblock while I had to touch and examine every roadside tree. She wouldn't understand what's the big deal, "they are just street trees". To me, it was like discovering a new world. I couldn't keep my head straight, I was running around like a kid in the candy store:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom