Naked Scar

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Discrepancies between branch location and size.......(that's the "rules" guy in me talkin', the one that resides down around where I wipe and flush....):confused:o_O:p:mad::mad::mad::mad:

The Guinness swilling, bong smoking guy in me say's, "This tree blows 95% of the trees posted here away!!" (That's the guy who set up shop right next to my ticker.....he's a keeper...):D:D:D:D:D:D

Powerful!!!;)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Discrepancies between branch location and size.......(that's the "rules" guy in me talkin', the one that resides down around where I wipe and flush....):confused:o_O:p:mad::mad::mad::mad:

The Guinness swilling, bong smoking guy in me say's, "This tree blows 95% of the trees posted here away!!" (That's the guy who set up shop right next to my ticker.....he's a keeper...):D:D:D:D:D:D

Powerful!!!;)
The branch down by your bum is a new one. You can see the branch just above that died. It grew a new branch from a dormant bud. I may keep it I may not. Two of the middle branches on the right are thread grafts. Maybe they will balance out in 15 years or so.

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So are you still collecting larches? Everything you've posted up here, thus far, has been amazing! Kudos.

Cheers.
B

Reaction score
USDA Zone
So are you still collecting larches? Everything you've posted up here, thus far, has been amazing! Kudos.

Cheers.
B
I've basically collected all of the available larch in about 5 counties. Now I have to grow them. This one I collected from a local campground. I approached the owner and asked if I could collect some trees. He was about to send me on my way when I also mentioned I am a sign painter. I traded signs for it. Originally 8' tall. While in the garden one of the roots died all the way to the top...and a name was born.

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I've basically collected all of the available larch in about 5 counties. Now I have to grow them. This one I collected from a local campground. I approached the owner and asked if I could collect some trees. He was about to send me on my way when I also mentioned I am a sign painter. I traded signs for it. Originally 8' tall. While in the garden one of the roots died all the way to the top...and a name was born.

This reads like a bonsai fairy tale bed time story and I, for one, am tuckered out.

Cheers.

B

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
Working on "Scar." Second complete wiring for this tree collected about 11 years ago. I'm waiting on the dead wood to dry in order to add wood preservative and then lime sulphur.
View attachment 125446

You have absolutely Nailed it with this American Larch, hard to believe it was 8ft tall at one time, did you create the scar or did it on the original tree...???
The Scar Deadwood is not too much not too little... just right and easily believable...
This tree is Show Material, keep us posted Please...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
You have absolutely Nailed it with this American Larch, hard to believe it was 8ft tall at one time, did you create the scar or did it on the original tree...???
The Scar Deadwood is not too much not too little... just right and easily believable...
This tree is Show Material, keep us posted Please...
The scar is from a root that died after I planted it in the garden. As for show material...probably the next National?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
This reads like a bonsai fairy tale bed time story and I, for one, am tuckered out.

Cheers.

B
Fairy tale huh? I got permission from the New York State Highway Dept to remove a tree from an exit ramp. After I removed it I realized that I told the guy the wrong exit. Since nobody saw me removing the first tree, I went back the next day to the other exit and removed the 2nd tree.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If I put this tree on my bench, my trees would wilt from shame!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

That or my watering!!
DSC01235.JPG
Bro, I'm super young!!:confused:;):D:D:D:D:D

Please show a pic from April 1st next year......love those lil' green nugs!!!:rolleyes:

Reaction score
USDA Zone
If I put this tree on my bench, my trees would wilt from shame!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

That or my watering!!
View attachment 125451

Please show a pic from April 1st next year......love those lil' green nugs!!!:rolleyes:
That's what happens when I put my trees next to Bill Valavanis'.

Top Bottom