Name that tree.

Ruve

Seedling
Reaction score
Anyone able to flaunt their tree talent?
IMG_20220828_131645.jpg

Ruve

Seedling
Reaction score
Despite that being a brilliant and witty response, alas, i must disappoint and just say the species haha! Spruce mctreeson. Haha

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Without a close up of the foliage, this could just about any kind of evergreen, " Evergreen Everdeen" an unsung character in The Hunger Games.

Ruve

Seedling
Reaction score
I saw it at the Milwaukee bonsai show this weekend. Couldn't see a "name tag". I should have grabbed some better pictures!

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
@Ruve

I know that specific tree. It is Picea orientalis, Caucus Spruce, this spruce is about 74 years old, it was first styled as bonsai about 40 to 45 years ago. It was donated to the Lynden Sculpture Garden MBF collection by Jack Douthitt.

If anyone gets a chance to visit Milwaukee, the Lynden Sculpture Garden is a must visit. The bonsai pavilion was designed so the trees would be visible even if the gates to the pavilion are closed. The steel in the background are the gates, design is a fractal pattern from onion skin cells, small holes down low, so it's not easy to climb, wide holes up top to view trees through.

Pavilion is open to public Weds and Saturday Spring thru Autumn. All trees can be viewed through gates even when pavilion is closed. A nice sincere collection of about 15 trees on display at any time. There's a rotation.

Ruve

Seedling
Reaction score
@Ruve

I know that specific tree. It is Picea orientalis, Caucus Spruce, this spruce is about 74 years old, it was first styled as bonsai about 40 to 45 years ago. It was donated to the Lynden Sculpture Garden MBF collection by Jack Douthitt.

If anyone gets a chance to visit Milwaukee, the Lynden Sculpture Garden is a must visit. The bonsai pavilion was designed so the trees would be visible even if the gates to the pavilion are closed. The steel in the background are the gates, design is a fractal pattern from onion skin cells, small holes down low, so it's not easy to climb, wide holes up top to view trees through.

Pavilion is open to public Weds and Saturday Spring thru Autumn. All trees can be viewed through gates even when pavilion is closed. A nice sincere collection of about 15 trees on display at any time. There's a rotation.
Fantastic! Much obliged Leo and totally agree with your comments about the place, it's lovely.

Top Bottom