nasbc.com review

chansen

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
@rockm posted a question about the vendor. I'd never heard of them, so I checked it out. Too much $$ and one tree later I'm posting this review :).

First, while I said too much $$ above, I think I got a great deal. The tree I purchased was much nicer than the pictures online. It's much farther along that I thought it was, which makes me even happier. Rick (the owner) told me all the trees are already in kanuma, so no need to change out soil (with spag moss on top and tea bags filled with fertilizer as well). It came in a terra cotta training pot.

The tree was packed extremely well. The tree was in a box, and the box was in a box. There was a layer of packing peanuts between the boxes, and the box with the tree in it was filled with peanuts as well. Filled to the point where I had to delicately remove the packing peanuts from between each and every branch. It definitely ensured there wouldn't be damage to the tree. The pot was plastic wrapped to keep the soil in, and the pot was tied in to the box. Shipping wasn't exactly cheap, but it was 100% effective. After I purchased the tree, they told me they'd put together a shipping estimate, and if it was too much they were willing to cancel the entire transaction and issue a full refund for the tree.

Finally, before I bought the tree I had a few questions. Rick responded quickly and polite/kind throughout. He shipped promptly, emailed me to let me know when it had shipped, etc. All the things you'd expect from a professional online purchase. I'd definitely buy from him again.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Nice! what Varietal
Here's the tree. Probably won't start a new thread for it becuz... lazy! I mean, I've been a member here for 11 years and I've posted less than 300 times... lol. So I've set expectations pretty low. ?
gorgeous. What variety of Satsuki is it? Measurements? You know you can’t just post a pic and walk away lol.

chansen

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Alright, alright...

Base is about 4 inches, tree is about 15 tall. It's a shin nikko, so one of the satsuki varieties with a few different colors of flowers. I believe it was repotted last year, so I'm not going to let it flower this year :(. I want the energy going to the roots. I may leave a couple on, just to see a little color.

Top Bottom