Natal Plum critter infestation

Joonie

Seedling
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I recently posted a different thread on finding the issue with my Carissa Macrocarpa and a critter infestation was discovered. I've ordered a grow light to help with the change in sunlight from moving out of my home and into my dorm. I started treatment last night and have scraped off all of the pods I could find. However, I can tell my soil has compacted and while checking it today I discovered there were little crawlers still in the soil even after I sprayed it down. I know having compacted soil will only cause more damage and I need to repot it but I'm afraid it's too weak. I'm thinking about taking it to the Nursery I got it from so I can have a professional do what they can for it, but I'm so worried about it that I feel like I should be doing something in the meantime. What can I do on my own to help it or should I let it be until I can get it to the nursery?

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Hello Everyone,
I recently posted a different thread on finding the issue with my Carissa Macrocarpa and a critter infestation was discovered. I've ordered a grow light to help with the change in sunlight from moving out of my home and into my dorm. I started treatment last night and have scraped off all of the pods I could find. However, I can tell my soil has compacted and while checking it today I discovered there were little crawlers still in the soil even after I sprayed it down. I know having compacted soil will only cause more damage and I need to repot it but I'm afraid it's too weak. I'm thinking about taking it to the Nursery I got it from so I can have a professional do what they can for it, but I'm so worried about it that I feel like I should be doing something in the meantime. What can I do on my own to help it or should I let it be until I can get it to the nursery?
Hi, I was following your original thread and some people were incredibly helpful because you had pics. I'd go back to that thread and post this there so people can see the tree and what was already discovered. That's what others seem to do and in your case the pics are already there as well as the story. Good luck...

Top Bottom