National Bonsai and Penjing Museum vid.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The National Bonsai and Penjing Museum posted this new video. Worth watching. Trees and suiseki are shown, but nowhere near of them. If you've never the scale of the place is hard to gauge. The vid gives a sense of the size of the place and some of the areas in it.

TrevorLarsen

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Very nice trees thanks for sharing. Is it just me or does the guy in this video give you the creeps?

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
yes 😁

Last edited:

ERClover

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
I visited the national arboretum today after visiting a customer nearby which I have been meaning to do for some time. It was a beautiful day, even a little warm. Some of the trees in the collection are incredible, certainly the best specimen trees I have ever seen in person being relatively new to the scene. I was particularly impressed by how small they were able to reduce the leaves on some Trident Maple, Chinese Elm, and Boxwood specimens. We’re talking ridiculously small! Many of the JBP’s had very long needles which looked like this year’s growth. It was good to witness a phase in the cycle and see for myself that trees are not show ready 100% of the time. The White Pines and Blue Atlas Cedars were in prime condition. I was surprised at how many Sargent Junipers there were in spite of what I’ve read about them. Overall, a great day and a great place.

Attachments

• IMG_7234.jpeg
    IMG_7234.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7235.jpeg
    IMG_7235.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7236.jpeg
    IMG_7236.jpeg
    281.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7238.jpeg
    IMG_7238.jpeg
    257.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7237.jpeg
    IMG_7237.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7247.jpeg
    IMG_7247.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7250.jpeg
    IMG_7250.jpeg
    369.6 KB · Views: 33

MSU JBoots

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I visited the national arboretum today after visiting a customer nearby which I have been meaning to do for some time. It was a beautiful day, even a little warm. Some of the trees in the collection are incredible, certainly the best specimen trees I have ever seen in person being relatively new to the scene. I was particularly impressed by how small they were able to reduce the leaves on some Trident Maple, Chinese Elm, and Boxwood specimens. We’re talking ridiculously small! Many of the JBP’s had very long needles which looked like this year’s growth. It was good to witness a phase in the cycle and see for myself that trees are not show ready 100% of the time. The White Pines and Blue Atlas Cedars were in prime condition. I was surprised at how many Sargent Junipers there were in spite of what I’ve read about them. Overall, a great day and a great place.
I love that forest planted on the slab!

Top Bottom